What'd you do to your accord today?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Replaced the ground cable for the battery, old one was starting to split. I want to build my own beefier -/+ cables but that will have to wait.

temporary_39.jpg

Also tested fitment and function on the pfm's, they are good to go. Now I just have to disassemble them so they can get paint.

Just finished swapping out the interior from fabric to leather https://vimeo.com/140739739

Nice job! Looks like the car came with it.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Remembered some of the happier times once again, since it's the Featured Accord of the Week........:alone:

paypalbid

Reaction score
A second head job in 2 years. First head job October 2013 at 347k, second head job this month at 393k. I hope i reach 400k with this car.

paypalbid

Reaction score
Just curious as to what happened that you needed to redo it.

1 year after the first head job, there was some air from combustion chamber leaked in the cooling system. I had to baby and nurse the car keep rev under 3k rpm, this driving behavior extended the head gasket life for another year. Last month it was a full blown head gasket as the car would overheat within 15 minutes of idling.

I took my car to a different mechanic for the head job. The first mechanic used copper gasket instead of composite gasket with seals. They prior mechanic used the cheapest $20 sheet copper head gasket. Upon inspection of the head, there is speculation that the previous head may not have been done properly by the machine shop. I think the prior mechanic was inexperience and used cheap parts. I don't even know if he bar the engine block or torque the head bolts in the incremental 3 torque sequences.

Anyway the prior mechanic ia a friend of my dad, hindsight he is not qualified for this type of work. I didn't ask proper questions because of the ties and figured he knew what he was doing.

Each head job was accompanied by new timing belt, water pump, radiator, thermostat, applicable aging hoses, spark plugs; So I couldn't point the finger to failed peripheral components.

Last edited:

james'99

Reaction score
1 year after the first head job, there was some air from combustion chamber leaked in the cooling system. I had to baby and nurse the car keep rev under 3k rpm, this driving behavior extended the head gasket life for another year. Last month it was a full blown head gasket as the car would overheat within 15 minutes of idling.

I took my car to a different mechanic for the head job. The first mechanic used copper gasket instead of composite gasket with seals. They prior mechanic used the cheapest $20 sheet copper head gasket. Upon inspection of the head, there is speculation that the previous head may not have been done properly by the machine shop. I think the prior mechanic was inexperience and used cheap parts. I don't even know if he bar the engine block or torque the head bolts in the incremental 3 torque sequences.

Anyway the prior mechanic ia a friend of my dad, hindsight he is not qualified for this type of work. I didn't ask proper questions because of the ties and figured he knew what he was doing.

Each head job was accompanied by new timing belt, water pump, radiator, thermostat, applicable aging hoses, spark plugs; So I couldn't point the finger to failed peripheral components.

What's your compression now?

Back