What'd you do to your accord today?

Darianjr1

Reaction score
This guy from high school has a white coupe with an r32 whale tail spoiler and a beat up skyline body kit. I must admit, the spoiler alone has started to grow on me. Got me thinking of putting on an ITR wing but I couldn't justify spending money, drilling holes, and possibly not looking right. My trunk is hole free and looks so sleek ;)

Today I swapped around my leds. Moves the red from the gauges to the plates and moves the whites to the gauges. Looks ten times better. Brighter, more clear, cleaner,and less hotspots with the better quality white leds in the gauges.

I can't seem to get my gas light to work for some reason though.

I thought any red or blue lighting on a non government vehicle was illegal because of the simple fact those are emergency colors.

Mikey

Reaction score
I thought any red or blue lighting on a non government vehicle was illegal because of the simple fact those are emergency colors.
Since they're technically "rear-facing" and they're red, they're fine. A cop might bust his balls for it but it's not illegal. Now if they flashed, yes.

In most states, brake and tail lights are to be red; turn signals are to be red, orange, yellow, or "amber in color"; and reverse lights are to be white. In some newer cases, they're letting reverse lights be "white in color" or "lacking substantial color other than white" so hyper whites or mildly colored lenses can be used.

Forward facing lights must only be white, orange, yellow, or amber in color.

I used to rock green neon and never got hassled. My buddy used to have changing, non-flashing neon and he never got hassled either. Guess it just depends on where you live.

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
This guy from high school has a white coupe with an r32 whale tail spoiler and a beat up skyline body kit. I must admit, the spoiler alone has started to grow on me. Got me thinking of putting on an ITR wing but I couldn't justify spending money, drilling holes, and possibly not looking right. My trunk is hole free and looks so sleek ;)

Today I swapped around my leds. Moves the red from the gauges to the plates and moves the whites to the gauges. Looks ten times better. Brighter, more clear, cleaner,and less hotspots with the better quality white leds in the gauges.

I can't seem to get my gas light to work for some reason though.

I recommend you change the plate lights back to white leds.

DMV:

V C Section 24601 License Plate Lamp
License Plate Lamp

24601. Either the taillamp or a separate lamp shall be so constructed and placed as to illuminate with a white light the rear license plate during darkness and render it clearly legible from a distance of 50 feet to the rear. When the rear license plate is illuminated by a lamp other than a required taillamp, the two lamps shall be turned on or off only by the same control switch at all times.

Amended Ch. 1313, Stats. 1965. Effective September 17, 1965.

Last edited:

Mikey

Reaction score
Eh. My post still stands, lol. I don't think he'll be bothered. He might run into that one dickhead cop though...

TheMole

Reaction score
Eh. My post still stands, lol. I don't think he'll be bothered. He might run into that one dickhead cop though...

CA will definitely have an issue (well at least in my area :\). Not sure about the OP though.

Ryosiwin

Reaction score
i put on some spyder auto CCFL halos with 6000k HID conversion.
halos.jpg
[/IMG]

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
I figured since it's red on the back, I should be okay like Mikey said. I'll be putting white ones back in when I get them.

I heard this guy had neon underglow all amber and got pulled over. He told the cop, white in front, red in back, and amber all around is legal and it shut him up haha.

Back