What'd you do to your accord today?

DaveNole

Reaction score
Pulled it into the back because i suspected an oil leak. Cleaned everything down confirmed the oil leak. But still cant pinpoint the oil leak... woe is me

I fixed my fogs, it was the ground and to think i was going to rewire the whole thing.

this is the car in the back of my house, excuse the leaves did some spring cleaning yesterday.
IMG_20130331_102259_zps1a7ee8c7.jpg

i also ordered some stickers
http://shop.royal-origin.com/product/hoodratstuff-sticker

and another rear wing the carwash broke mine.

98-02-Accord-2dr-RRV-Main.jpg

Thinking about plastidiping these wheels but i despise them so much im second thinking it.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
@Kyle, yeah...tried not to overdo it.

Need to get a bunch of pics uploaded, but photobucket(or maybe our internet connection was acting up).

@Rico, nice job with the wheels....too bad the focus is on another shot tranny, atm.

@808, congrats on the purchase. Haven't see a Granny Gold Coupe in stock form for quite some time.

@Mikey, nice job with those, I need to do my Apexi ones as well and repaint the pipes. Just curious though, wouldn't the steel wool accelerate rust from scratches?

@CB, again, congrats on the GC's, this is one Product Review I am REALLY looking forward to.

@DaveNole, that's why you go to the hand wash places, and not the machine ones, or at the very least, the no-touch wash.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Looking for a good strut for the Tein s tech I am buying.Do you have a link on the yellow sale?
Also I found this setup on eBay but I didn't think the struts could handle the springs.

struts

Tein Stech shocks

It does say v6 on the shocks listing but I am not sure if they will fit my 4cycl.
Not looking for coilovers and not dropping it just wandering if these would work.

Also bought some led strips for the new headlights.

KYB GR2's are essentially OEM replacements. I would look for Yellows or KYB AGX though. And shocks don't matter motor-wise, but springs do.

Mikey

Reaction score
Do you have a link on the yellow sale?
Tirerack.com??? Lol. It's 20% off selected struts. The ones for us are $137ea. :-\

Mikey, nice job with those, I need to do my Apexi ones as well and repaint the pipes. Just curious though, wouldn't the steel wool accelerate rust from scratches?
No idea. I Googled how to clean SS and I found numerous people stating that Windex and steel wool was best. It dulled the surface a bit and took away some of that "mirror finish" but I think having used 0000 grade wool helped to do as little damage as possible. I can take closer pics but i'm happy with the results and don't feel any harm was done. We'll have to see how they do in the future.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I am sure there is a SS cleaning compound that can be used that is a finer grit, that can restore the SS, but how polished/shiny does it need it be.

Dukebb23

Duke Blue Devils
Reaction score
Thanks Mikey and Red.
I will look into the agx or I am assuming Koni yellows right?
Trying to stay with the Teins since I have had them before on my focus and they were great. Just trying to go the cheapest route on shocks but still be comfortable. Only a couple more big things to purchase before the wifey KILLS ME!

Back