Whats the best manual trans fluid?

finch13

Reaction score
It has a bearingized finish instead of a wound nylon finish, can hold more pressure reliably, less noticeable drag in the pedal.

Take it out and redline 1-3 while concentrating on accurate shifts. I grind 3rd a ton because when I get on it I make my shifts faster and don't always completely disengage the clutch. Basically, anytime you don't fully disengage, the clutch is gonna drag on the tranny and the tiny ring that slows down the speed gear in the tranny can't and will grind as you shift.

TheHunter

Reaction score
I've read good things about the GM synchrostuff for 6 speed trannies. I want to try it out since my 3rd gear does grind every once in a while. Nick told me that that's a known problem with the honda 6 speeds though.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I've read good things about the GM synchrostuff for 6 speed trannies. I want to try it out since my 3rd gear does grind every once in a while. Nick told me that that's a known problem with the honda 6 speeds though.

Yeah, the GM synchromesh has been used with lots of success. I would try it before your teeth are worn too much.

Mike's_Taffeta

Reaction score
I used honda mtf in my 6 speed on my tl, and never had an issue, well not a shifting issue at least. I plan on using honda mtf in this trans as well. However, I have heard a lot of good things about gm syncromesh. I like to stick with what works for my application and that's honda mtf.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I used honda mtf in my 6 speed on my tl, and never had an issue, well not a shifting issue at least. I plan on using honda mtf in this trans as well. However, I have heard a lot of good things about gm syncromesh. I like to stick with what works for my application and that's honda mtf.

Yeah, but those who are affected, the Honda MTF didn't do jack ****. I think I'm going to try the GM synchromesh this weekend, my 1st and 3rd gear are a little notchy.

Mike's_Taffeta

Reaction score
Mine are notchy as well, at a stop I sometimes have a hard time getting in first, and 3rd tends to not engage all the way. I end up double clutching often. Let us know how the syncromesh works since we seem to be having the same issue.

Drift

Reaction score
Motul makes some really good fluid for Honda trannys.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I use Booty Sweat.

41j9xjzmfgl_ss500_.jpg

Back