What's your mileage?

dbang

Reaction score
I need to order the whole canister off honda. http://www.hondapartscheap.com/

are you sure that's the problem though? have you checked for hose leaks yet? smoke it and see if there's any cracks. I haven't yet because I haven't found out which are my evap lines but a youtube video shown on a different car makes it seem pretty easy

001Stunna

Reaction score
I need to order the whole canister off honda. http://www.hondapartscheap.com/

FYI: Honda Dealers in the states were issued a memo to end shipping to Canada...as you'll find neither hondapartscheap or oemacuraparts no longer ship to canada. You can still ship to the border and drive to pick them up though. To my knowledge the only one that still does shipments is "www.rchondaparts.com/" and even that might end soon.

In addition it's usually the shutoff valve or by pass solenoid...but the shutoff valve is usually rusted on the canister so you'd need both.

floating doc

Reaction score
99 Coupe with 4/mt. Under 3000 lbs and a stick gets me pretty good mileage, even with >190,000 miles on the car.

I have checked my odometer several times against two different GPS units, so I know that the mileage is accurate.

I check mileage at every fill. That's a good way to monitor your car for problems.

I've gotten 31 mpg from my best tank. I regularly get 30, and my worst tank was 27 mpg. I have a combination of town and highway driving from most tanks. I get about 30 mpg in town by short shifting and skipping gears. I rarely turn the engine over 1700 rpm before shifting, plus I always shift up if going downhill or cruising on the flat if that lets me drop the rpms without lugging.

The f23 has a very broad torque curve, so it's a good engine for my high mileage driving technique.

On the highway I cruise between 68 and 78 mph. I don't know why the car gets the mileage it does; it seems better than I would expect.

It has been in the family since new, and well maintained. When I got it two years ago I did plugs, cap, rotor, Air filter & PCV valve. It still has the original clutch. A lot of the mileage in the car is highway driving, and it hasn't been abused. I run it hard through the gears once in a while, but it's so slow that it really doesn't make much sense.

One factor might be the tires; it's got a very ordinary all season radial. These are a ~70,000 mile tire, so they have minimal rolling resistance. They also suck when the road is wet, and are marginal on dry pavement. I hate them, but can't afford to replace them yet. I'm willing to give up some mileage to get better traction, especially in the wet (and Florida can be really wet at times).

mrnude

Reaction score
170k just had the water pump replaced because of a bearing glad that's over

Simkid5614

Reaction score
I so hate the mileage of this car. But I guess thats what i get for an i4Auto and a 3200 lb car.

I remember on my old car, I had a brand of tires from Yoko, that i lost 4MPG from, replaced them with something different and i was back up to 32MPG hwy.

Back