Whats your opinion on this motor setup???

allicedout

Reaction score
Hey guys i wanted to know what you guys think of me trading in my 98 Accord V6 for a 99-00 Accord 4Cyl 5spd and swapping in a H22? Any thoughts on this? The V6 tranny is almost gone and i'm thinking i might enjoy a 5spd h22 better then the auto V6 as I'm always finding myself beating the crap out of the auto tranny. Thanks guys.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
uhhh, what do i think? HELL YEA, haha, common now, you wanna pay for another auto tranny thats gonna eventually break again, or do you wanna get another accord, and buy an h22 insted of that auto and have just as much fun as you would in your v6? the h22 has the same ammount of hp as your v6. id almost say this is a no brianer ;) haha. good luck with the decision.

allicedout

Reaction score
There's no question the H22 is faster. the 95 prelude sr-v will smoke any stock or mildly modified accord V6, Do you think the accord would be faster with an H22 5spd? Or is the accord that heavy that it won't make any difference? i'm shopping around for cars, but find myself looking for an alternative as i do like my accord. maybe a new tranny and 35shot or 50 shot would make me happier?? I have thoght about getting a nos kit on the car and running a 35 wet shot or 50? its a huge dilemia, all of you know its easy to say i want another car, but when your rolling in an Accord V6, no matter how bad the tranny is other cars can come close but honestly don't compare, and i've been doing alot of compairing. Anyhow its just a thought, but i think a nos kit would most likely be more practical then another car/motor swap etc etc.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
ive heard that manual f23 accords keep pretty well with the j30 autos. so i would have to say the h22 will be faster.....plus its DOHC vtec, how could you go wrong? haha.

allicedout

Reaction score
Thats what i thought, I have alot of guys say that the V6 and the h22 are the same power wise, but i know from experience that a lude smokes us V6 guys. You guys think a nos wet kit would make the car more of a competetor? Or am i just driving the car into its grave? The motor on my V6 runs flawless, its the tranny thats **ked up. Anyhow thanks for the opinions.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
honestly, if you can, i know it would be more hassle, but id get the i4 5 speed and swap the h22. cuz your just gonna keep killing your tranny. people that get brand new trannys and add the comptech SC kill them even faster. the motors are great, but lik eyou said, the trannys are sh!t.

allicedout

Reaction score
LOL thanks man, its good to know someones thinking the exact same thing I am, now its a question of finding a cheap accord with a mint body and rediculously high km so I can get a decent deal and do this at minimal expense.

Egi7

Reaction score
try to find a wrecked 03-up accord 6-speed, and buy the tranny. I have heard they bolt on clean. Now that would wake that v6 up for sure...lol. Stock close ratio with lsd!!! Also the CL-S 6 speeds too

allicedout

Reaction score
i hear that the 6spd swap is real expensive and does not go in smooth at all, has anyone ever heard or have a smooth running swap? Nice gauges, where did you get those from? Ebay? did they go in easy or is it a pain in the butt? thanks for the opinions.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just swap to 6spd or buy a newer better car. Pm RedneckDave on here, there's several others over on v6p that have done the swap.

Back