Whats your opinion on this motor setup???

allicedout

Reaction score
Thanks blkcurrant, unfortunately my wife and twin daughters refrains me from spending money on newer car. Yes i have the money, but i need to keep it aside for a rainy day. LOL family man here trying to tune the grocery getter!! LOL thanks for the suggestions guys.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd personally opt for the manual swap instead of trying to un-mod your car, sell it, find a 4cyl 5spd in good condition, and then swap engines and re-mod it. Or if at all possible, trade it in for a used car (even though you said you can't afford it).

allicedout

Reaction score
I've been looking at all types of cars. Got any suggestions??? My cars worth a crappy $6500-7000 on trade, and the wife and I decided (she told me) I can spend $4000-5000 on top of that. i've decided not to sell the car privately as the tranny is going and I don't want to screw anyone up, secondly $6500-7000 is the trade offer if i buy a new car. I'm not sure what i'll get on a used trade, maybe $5000??? If you guys have any suggestions please let me know. i've test drivin 2002 Altima V6 5spd, and 2006 Civic sedan.

retroshark

Reaction score
get an eg hatchie and mod it to death lol. theres your answer....

car = 4000
b18 = 2000
JRSC = 3000

car = flying down the qaurter

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Well, i could never deal with an auto. But i've heard that a 6 speed swap isn't that bad. So now i'm pissed i bought a f23. I bet you can find a manual tranny if you keep your eyes open and don't need it asap

Nemo619

Reaction score
I would go with the CL-S manual 6spd tranny swap. If you are going to spend $4000-$5000 on top of a trade. In the July 06 issue on Honda Tuning they talked about doing a engine swap on a V6 Accord using different V6 engins to make one fast *** V6 Accord. You can look to spend around $2k for the CL-S 6spd tranny. If you can find a back issue of it, or find the article on there web page, it'll give you ideas. Also take a look at www.acuraoemparts.com/delray. It's a page for oem delership parts that are new.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
ive read from v6p that its alot easier and alot less of a headache to just swap in a whole cl-s set up, j32 and the 6 speed. cuz ive heard theirs alot to work out with the 6 speed swap.

wg2k7

Reaction score
yea you could do a j32 engine/tranny swap or you could just send your tranny to dr evil and never worry about it again...a h22'd accord would be nice too. whatevers easiest for you, i think if you dont wanna be faster right now but be more reliable, get a dr evil

Back