whats your toe and camber?

CleanWhiteHonda

Reaction score
This should be common sense.

/pointlessthread

:thinking:

When you lower your car, you end up with natural negative camber and your toe will go out of wack. The more you slam your car, the more negative camber you end up with.
It's important to figure out how low you want to be before you get a camber kit. A mild drop will only give you a little bit of negative camber, not really enough to make a huge difference in your tire wear.
If you're dumped and you dont plan to go hellaflush, you might want to invest in a camber kit.

Toe should always be set to ZERO. This is the number one alignment spec that will ruin your tires. Which is why it is important to get alignment as soon as possible once you have found your desired ride height regardless of how low you are.

truWarier02

Reaction score
When I get my car aligned, they always dial in a bit of positive toe to offset the higher rear negative camber specs relative to the front. In my last alignment, my specs were:

Front
Camber: -3.1, -3.4
Toe: -0.01, 0.00

Rear
Camber: -3.5, -3.8
Toe: 0.06, 0.06

I'm not running any camber kits and my rears are wearing fine. It's a different story in the fronts though as you'll have to flip your tires (if they're symmetrical and directional) a couple of times a year to prolong your tires.

So-Cal98'

Reaction score
sorry i cant please you all knowledgable one. But i'm new at this and some people here are nice enough to give some worthwhile input.

good thing you posted this because i wanted to see some input on it too hahaha. Im in your boat man :beer:

Oh and when you drop about 2.5" or so (probably less) in the front, do you need to adjust the camber/buy a kit? Better yet, to what extent do you need to mess with the front's camber?

Last edited:

truWarier02

Reaction score
Oh and when you drop about 2.5" or so (probably less) in the front, do you need to adjust the camber/buy a kit? Better yet, to what extent do you need to mess with the front's camber?

Um, you don't necessarily need it but if you want to get a kit in the front, you can. It's really up to you and there's nothing wrong with that. But if you're slammed in the front though(lowered 4+ inches), I would advise not to get one as weird as that sounds. The reason is that there won't be enough room for shock travel and you'll "bottom out," since your UCA would, in most cases, be resting pretty close to your shock tower. Adding a front camber kit will only further minimize the clearance.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
:thinking:

When you lower your car, you end up with natural negative camber and your toe will go out of wack. The more you slam your car, the more negative camber you end up with.
It's important to figure out how low you want to be before you get a camber kit. A mild drop will only give you a little bit of negative camber, not really enough to make a huge difference in your tire wear.
If you're dumped and you dont plan to go hellaflush, you might want to invest in a camber kit.

Toe should always be set to ZERO. This is the number one alignment spec that will ruin your tires. Which is why it is important to get alignment as soon as possible once you have found your desired ride height regardless of how low you are.

I said the part that I quoted should be a common sense question, that your toe is zero. Also, the thread is pointless. This **** has been covered over and over, on all forums not just here. Where a simple google search would have yielded answers. Now, if the question was something like, how does negative camber affect traction on winter roads with snow, salt, slush, ect..., then the thread woul have some more point to it. Camber comes down to taste, I'm not saying it would or would not affect it in the snow, because I don't know the true answer to that one.

Darianjr1

Reaction score
Here's my specs
_MG_1366.jpg

Back