wheel alignment- camber/toe

snydas1987

Reaction score
So im going to be swapping out my stock suspension for front and rear camber arms, front n rear sway bars and adjustable coil overs this week. I havent yet priced a wheel alignment for the new setup. So first im wondering will it cost more money for the negative camber and toe adjustment rether than just the toe adjustments?
Im going to be running around -6 to -7.5 degrees camber front and the same in the rear or maybe up to -9 degrees depending on how the amount of adjustment is on my setup when added to the natural camber from lowering my car.
Also for this job/setup am i going to need to find a custom tuner shop or should i be sweet going to a reputable tyre fitter shop?
thanks guys
snyds

White6GAV6

Reaction score
Any alignment shop will be able to do it. Just a matter of it they want to or not. A lot of shops by me say it's more work so they want to charge more which is a bunch of bull. Alignments are easy. Depending on how low you're going you might have to find a shop with an inground alignment rack, most of the newer shops have them. In the states anyways, not sure about over there.

You want to have the toe set to 0 up front for sure. For the rear you have 2 options. Either put it at 0 to have it handle better, or depending on how much camber have them set around .1 degree of toe on for better tire wear. Doesn't really change the way it handles, I was cruising the highways at 80 MPH and it was driving straight as an arrow.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
All adjustments should be included in the regular alignment price, could be different out there though. Either way I'd go to a reputable shop with an in-ground rack.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Oh, for alignment jobs I bought a 'lifetime' from Firestone. They do it every time I go in.

They're at 2 er 3 times in the last year. Yes, I am one of the ****heads that f's the system. :D

Back