Wheel bearing & ball joint suggestions

rafalc

Reaction score
2002 coupe SE, I have to replace the wheel bearings in the front. I figured I might as well do ball joints since I'm there and I do need new brake rotors. Should I go with Honda parts? They do run a little more expensive than others. Any suggestions/experiences with certain brands and places to purchase them?

This is a daily driver....I do not need hi performance parts.

Thanks

001Stunna

Reaction score
I'd use OEM bearings and lower ball joints, after all the first OEMs lasted you from 2002-2011.(check with oemacuraparts.com and compare their prices with dealers around your area etc.)
For pads/rotors i'd suggest wagner thermo-quiet pads and rotors.(can be had from rock-auto for a decent price)

rafalc

Reaction score
Any good places where I can get the bearing already pressed into the hub and buy the set?

Machine shop will charge me $40 for replacing each bearing....might as well get the hub too if the bearing is already in.

RedAccord02

Reaction score
i think the hub/bearing is for the rear. I was looking for some for a 2001 civic and they were separate. not sure if that's so with all cars.

RedAccord02

Reaction score
i think the hub/bearing is for the rear. I was looking for some for a 2001 civic and they were separate. not sure if that's so with all cars.

Hondamugen103

Reaction score
fronts are pressed into the spindle. Call around to local auto parts stores, some like the one i work for will press bearings. As far as the rear goes, they are a complete hub and bearing assembly. Remove rotor, Caliper+bracket, Axle nut and the rears slide right off.

Back