Wheel Fitment Thread

Shadow1

Reaction score
$900 for wheels is seriously inexpensive...

I'm sure $900 is cheap to you because you spent $2800 on your new rims. $2800 is what I make in two months after taxes. So yeah. $900 is expensive to me. Lol. I find ways to save where I can. Hince the reason why I have 16s right now instead of the 17s I originally was gonna go for. But I plan to buy the 17s I wanted at 1st. But ill be buying them one by one. Haha. So hopefully ill have them by the end of August and have them mounted.

CG6>YourCar

Reaction score
Lol... $900 for wheels without tires, mounting, balancing, etc. is still very inexpensive. I paid $2,800 for my new wheels, which still aren't done, without tires. Luckily I work for a wheel company so I don't have to pay for mounting/balancing, installation, etc.

Drug dealer? :naughty:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The world of wheels is not for the faint of heart. Wheels increase in price when you want better quality craftsmanship and materials and finish. I've been learning that ever since I bought a legit set of 3-pc wheels and started rebuilding them. It's just the price of doing business. It's really no different than people spending a few grand on a transmission/motor swap. Just depends on what you're into.

For example, if you notice from his MR thread it's fairly easy to tell that wheels is just where he prefers to put the money when it comes to his car.

That said, everyone has their own idea of how much they're willing to budget for a particular mod. Nothing wrong with that.

Shadow1

Reaction score
The world of wheels is not for the faint of heart. Wheels increase in price when you want better quality craftsmanship and materials and finish. I've been learning that ever since I bought a legit set of 3-pc wheels and started rebuilding them. It's just the price of doing business. It's really no different than people spending a few grand on a transmission/motor swap. Just depends on what you're into.

For example, if you notice from his MR thread it's fairly easy to tell that wheels is just where he prefers to put the money when it comes to his car.

That said, everyone has their own idea of how much they're willing to budget for a particular mod. Nothing wrong with that.

And I'm not downing him for that at all. Mad props to the guy because I want to make love to his car. Lol

Its just what he sees as inexpensive, I view as a lot. But he propably makes a lot more than I do or even has better credit to be able to pull off spending that much. Hes willing to do it. Me? Lol. Id have to save till the end of next year to spend that much and save for another three months for tires. Haha.

But enough with the who has money and who doesn't thing. Lol. Sleeper. Hurry up and post pics so I can have something to have wet dreams about. Lol.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Mr. Sleeper Cell sells Kitten Calenders, that's how he makes the type of money necessary to fund rims like that.

You would be surprised at how 'un-baller' most peoples' jobs are on here, with the exception of the ones who are becoming/are Dr.s.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I completely get what you're saying, Shadow. I've seen people spend upward of $4k on wheels for a 6GA. No way in hell I'd do that for a car worth $5 or $6k. But like I said, depends what you're into.

A lot of people save their money, or sell other stuff in order to gather funds for an expensive mod. We all have our way.

LOL @ kitten calendars

JordanFleenor

Reaction score
The wheels im talking about are mustang cobra wheels. Gonna get them powdercoated something cool if i get them

Hell yeah. They are pretty cheap and look so sick.

418486_315376518525077_112225825506815_862264_2030517672_n.jpg

Honestly. Those wouldn't look bad. I've seen them on an RSX and they actually look good. Id look into getting a set but I'm 4luggin it right now. Not trying to do a 5lug swap for a good while.

They come 4 lug. If that picture is the one he is talking about.

Back