wheel width

sarmientor

Reaction score
I recent purchased a set of 4 ruff racing wheels from a pawn shop at the time of purchase I didn't know what offset even meant what led me to start researching the subject is that when I'm driving down the road and hit some type of bump or even the reflectors down the lane divider the steering wheel sort of turns it never did that when I had the factory wheels and tires on now I want to find the offset of the wheels I purchased but they came with used tires so is there a way to find the width of the rim without taking the tire off?

Factory tire & rim size: 205/60R16

Newly purchased tire & rim size: 225/45R17

No I haven't done an alignment because the rims I bought came with used tires and I want tofirst find out if these new rims should even be on my car Thnx for the help

J30MAN

Reaction score
Sounds like your alignment is off. Before I lowered my car and switched from my stocks to my 17"s it messed with my alignment a little.

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
Did you check to make sure the wheels where balanced before you put them on? And there may be a stamp somewhere on the inside of the rim that tells you the width. And you should definitely get an alignment.

But the width of the wheel I don't think would have anything to do with your issue. :thinking:

sarmientor

Reaction score
Well basically I'm trying to find the offset of the wheel but I can't do that without knowing the width of the wheel thing is there are tires already that came with the wheel when I bought them

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Take off one wheel, the width and offset should be stamped on the back. Though some very cheap wheels do not have that information.

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
^^That's why I said it may be there, because I've never heard of ruff racing.

oneloudaccord

Reaction score
Did you try googling it to see if the wheels you bought are for sale anywhere? That's what I did with my old set, bought it from a friend that didn't know the specs. Although it had a stamp of the specs on the inner side of the wheel (can be seen with a tire mounted on the wheel), i found the specs online still.. Hope that helps.

Back