Which fan is which, it HOT need AC

cmgreensr

Reaction score
I'm sure this is simple and I'm confusing myself but if I'm correct, drivers side fan is ac and passenger side is to cool engine. Correct?

I ask cause my passenger side is dead yet the drivers side functions to cool the engine as well as if I flip on the ac, the drivers side fan comes on. This is what caused my confusion! Either way, I need to replace the dead fan, just want to make sure I buy the right one!

Also has anybody used a dorman replacement fan? It's only about $60 shipped so if anyone could chime in on their quality, I'd appreciate it.

4cyl auto if that matters

cmgreensr

Reaction score
Thanks Brad, but for the price, I'll just replace the damn thing.

Plastic or metal will make it easy, thanks

I gotta spend another 10 hours in that car today just like yesterday, time to sweat!

xci.ed6

Reaction score
oh, if on/off is a question...

metal on/off w/coolant temp

plastic on/off with refridge temp and over heating (I think)

cmgreensr

Reaction score
So plastic is the one I need is what has been decided. I know it's the one on the passenger side but I didn't get a chance to pop the hood today.

Has anybody used a dorman replacement or other brand and can speak of their quality?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Well shoulda said I got both oem from my pusher swap. Message me if you need em.

Ya, worked at advance too, dorman seems more like a 'rebranding' company, sometime OEM in the box, for 1/2 price!

Back