Which Short Shift Adapters Do not Rub?

Bearcat

Reaction score
I'm looking for a good short shift adapter that will not rub the shift boot and has great functionality. (I am not looking to shorten the shift height)

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
it's not supposed to rub the shift boot.... it'll rub against the wall close by the 5th and reverse gears

i have a B&M one and it doesn't rub.... discontinued tho

Jeffro

Reaction score
My DC Sports doesn't rub, but I know a lot of peoples who do... Why get one if you don't want to shorten your height though? "Short" shift FTW!

nexTOme

Reaction score
dont be afraid to get one just because you dont know if it will rub or not....you can always cut those plastics from the shift boot.....

its not hard at all.....if you want, you can even drive it without cutting.....of course it will rub, but once you become used to it, then you wont feel it n e more....i havent cut mine out....but is till drive it daily....

ccordex00

Reaction score
dc-sports adapter won't rub with the boot or the plastic......if i was you i would the adapter and a civic type r boot and cut a lil' of the shifter. you can also change the knob, i would suggest anyone that has the height adaptor on it.....gluck

MrChad

Reaction score
it's not supposed to rub the shift boot.... it'll rub against the wall close by the 5th and reverse gears

i have a B&M one and it doesn't rub.... discontinued tho

I have the B&M shift adapter kit for the 98-99 Accord in my '00 coupe and it does rub. I had to dremel the shift boot plastic base and part of the tunnel cover to clearance for the bolt threads on the kit for the allen bolt.

B&M instructed this, I think the kits may only fit the sedans properly.

and I lengthened my shift knob despite convention, this allows one to keep their arm on the armrest without issue and shift.

Hey if every fricken touring car on Earth can run a shorter linkage and longer shifter -- I figure ergonomics must be the key feature, right?

Last edited:

00AccordLX5spd

Reaction score
Megan's adapter rubs. But it is not that bad. If you are careful and don't slam it over into 5th or reverse, you can shift it without it rubbing. How often do you have to speed-shift from 4th to 5th anyways?

Back