Which Speakers?

Jushewa

Reaction score
alright. I would assume there is a DIY about replacing speakers ? just don't know what I'm going to use as the spacer piece

Jushewa

Reaction score
so I should take the panel off. and roll the window all the way down, and then measure the clearance from the door and out the spacer between the speaker and the door?

schmiddr2

Reaction score
Measure from the window (rolled down) to the steel of the door where the speaker mounts. Take that number then subtract the speakers top mount depth. If that number is positive then you don't have to have a speaker ring, if the number is negative then that is the size speaker ring you need; add a little for the curve of the window and to have some wiggle room. You can make the spacer up to 5/8", which I think is what most 3/4" plywood actually measures.

Last edited:

schmiddr2

Reaction score
You're welcome. I edited the post to be more accurate. If you want to learn more then you might want to check out diyma. GL

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Another good, inexpensive option that are an upgrade over your stock speakers are the Bose speakers from 1G Acura CL's that had the premium package. I picked up a set from the junkyard, have the rears in but not the fronts yet. Just have to make sure they are in good condition.

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
Check out sonicelectronix.com i got my speakers from them. Im running jbl gto front and backs and they sound amazing.

Jushewa

Reaction score
this is what I bought
4e5c198fac10b9841ab9314c18f0cec3.jpg

Back