Whinning noise

Reaction score
I Have an AT. The car runs great with the exception of some slightly rough shifting from 1rst to 2nd sometimes. I hope its not the transmission. Suspecting timing belt (the guy i bought the car from said he had it changed not too long ago). The transmission fluid is at normal level, maybe a tad more than max. Smells healthy and is not dark (looks to be a little red/orange color).

-It whines when accelerating and the sound seems to be coming from drivers side (which is why i suspect timing belt)
-Any way to test this?

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Maybe slowly rev using the throttle body while in park and try listening for the sound. Just a suggestion, don't know if that'll be any help

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using Tapatalk

Gmoney

Reaction score
Hmm after I changed all the belts and did my swap if I have the windows down and accelerate I can hear a whine noise from the engine I like it..sounds like a mini supercharger

danmccormick87

Reaction score
Hmm after I changed all the belts and did my swap if I have the windows down and accelerate I can hear a whine noise from the engine I like it..sounds like a mini supercharger

That sounds like your alternator is going out... Supercharger like sound is usually a telltale sign.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
pop hood, start engine, rev engine (by turning tb), id part.

use stethoscope as needed. CAREFUL OF MAGNETS LIKE ALTERNATORS!

take off belts one at a time, engine off, then start the engine. see if the noise is gone. spin the part by hand see if its bad.

Gmoney

Reaction score
Dam really? Sounds so boss :/ I thought it was the new belts

Gmoney

Reaction score
I hope so good thing I posted it here thanks guys I'll get it checked

Back