white face / glow indicated gauges

xci.ed6

Reaction score
we have light up needles, right? So I hate this blue crap in the middle of reverse glow:

$(KGrHqMOKo4E5ZPN(t(JBOijZJb)Qw~~60_1.JPG

anyone know how to make this happen?

I want some like my old ones (88-91 Civic did not have lighted needles, they were white so I painted 'em orange)

1229081830.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Maybe on the back of the gauges you can tell which lines run where, and you could try cutting the lines traveling to those blue areas. Not sure if that would cut power to the other areas that illuminate or not though.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
yeah, I was worried about if power supply was even available to hack.

I was thinking somekinda white vinyl circles would work to cover them, but I would still prefer if someone knew where to get 'em.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
oh, yeah, I wanted to try I4 manual trans ones to eliminate my PRNDL, if anyone knows of differences to a V6, that would be helpful, but I'll hack away if unknown.

james'99

Reaction score
I know one difference for sure is that the V6 fuel gauge drops to empty on key off. I4 does not.

Even when you unplug the cluster, it takes a lot of time to drop to empty so I don't know what's with that.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
yeah, on downer, sorta, I don't need to swap the cluster for glow sheet things, and real with the wiring. I need to research that now. I found if I leave my key -ON- while I fill the tank, it takes like 15 min to show full. If I turn it -OFF- it goes as soon as I turn the key -ON-

james'99

Reaction score
That's interesting. We know the obviously the level is set instantly by the float. It's whatever mechanisms/electronics are in the cluster and between there and the fuel pump/float. A wiring diagram ought to answer the question. If the wiring is direct to the cluster, I don't think you'd have a problem honestly. Only thing else to consider may be the coolant temp. Not sure what makes it different from the 98-00 to the 01-02 I4 clusters.

cfox28

Reaction score
I agree with the middle stuff being a little obnoxious
hqdefault.jpg

I have this set, and I like it. The white unfortunately is more blue than white

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Always thought those were nice looking, just the center “ring” areas kept me from buying them. I don’t understand why all the people who make these things overdo it…they had a nice tasteful set of gauges, then they keep going add extra elements they don’t need.

I think yours are not as bad as xci’s though.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I think yours are not as bad as xci’s though.

my Accord gauges are stock, until I find some to change 'em. That's why I made this thread. I just used some picture of the thing I don't want.

Or the Civic...lol...that car, was awesome :p

0609091115.jpg

I bought it because my 91 Civic hatch got stolen (on engine #10+ now with individual carburetors, xci = 91/ed6 = chassis :) ). Built from spare parts: MPFI swap, full ES bushings, coilovers, auto->manual swap w/ Si gearing & LSD, and lots of other junk. Free junk!

Back