Who is running a cap?

mahBLACKaccord

Reaction score
60 bucks, just buy a new battery.

i went to buy one at sears. and when i came back to the parking lot to drive home to install it, it wouldn't turn on. i thought good thing i bought it when i did. i just went back into sears, bought a little 10mm wrench so i can remove and install the battery. and drove off, but not before i got my 10 dollar rebate for turning in the dead battery. haha. this is at SEARS everybody. =D

mahBLACKaccord

Reaction score
talontsiawd said:
I'm not too worried about it, and i plan to buy an optima when this one actually dies.

why don't you buy it and have it ready for when it dies?

talontsiawd

Reaction score
mahBLACKaccord said:
why don't you buy it and have it ready for when it dies?
Well, i was asking mostly for peoples oppinions, not deciding if i should buy one asap, the thread just went in alot direction. I always over explain and get overanalizations, who would have thought, lol.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
your battery is fine.. its dying because you have more current draw than any stock car when you have your amps turned on and the engine isn't running (at least I'm assuming - otherwise you have bigger problems lol).

any battery that isn't a deep cycle will do the same thing (yellowtops are expensive b/c they are deep cycles - red tops aren't iirc).

Stunna1

Reaction score
i run 1800 watts and i use a cap...i really need a yellow top because in dash will drain my battery after so long of watching a movie..but if you have the money run your regular battery under the hood and get a 2nd battery for the trunk and have all sound system on that and you should be good..and of course u can forget all that and just get a H.O alternator.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
FallenAngelHIM said:
im sorry. what's a cap.
Capacitor-http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/capacitor.htm

It pretty much stores energy from being charged from the battery. When the electrical system needs it, it can provide it in a short burst.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
so how does a cap apply to a car? is it something you install. im lost and confused like a blind man in the dark.

Jeffro

Reaction score
FallenAngelHIM said:
so how does a cap apply to a car? is it something you install. im lost and confused like a blind man in the dark.

Ya, it would need installed. In it's most basic explanation, it evens the output of the battery so A. certain electronics don't over tax the battery, and B. "Eliminates" lows when the battery is running light on amperage. It's just to keep things steady and even.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
ok, i think i get it. but it's generally for a car with a system on right? like my interior is basic HU and speaker. no tv's no amps, nothing.

Back