who would be down for some photography contests?

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
I don't even want to see a picture of Roy...esp in a bathing suit..I would be up for contests though, not sure how much i could compete though, i always missed the ones on V6P

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
how does this look? im still not sure on how often we'll do this, right now its set up for about 2 weeks.

Photo Contest Rules:

--The picture must have been taken by YOU within the last 2 months. Not Uncle Bob or your buddy.
--NO post processing allowed except for resize, simple brightness/contrast, and/or simple desaturation. Any editing with layers, masks, filters, levels, lab color, curves or even RGB is prohibited. This is a photography contest, not a Photoshop contest.
--NB: you MAY use a filter on your lens as long as it does not alter the image. UV, ND, and 1A are all ok. Cross screen or anything goofy is not allowed. If you do use something like a Polarizer, you must be able to prove it was indeed used when the pic was taken.
--All images must have original filenames and EXIF info intact. You may check the “save as copy” box in PS for your resize. Don’t F with your EXIF data either.
--Your image must be resized to have 800px on its longest side and be in JPG format.
--No watermarks, borders, or things which would identify you as the photographer. This contest will be anonymous unless noted so we don’t play favorites mmkay?
--All images will be emailed to me at ryansteingraber @ msn.com and all emails received will get a confirmation back. If you don't hear from me by the next day, PM me. I will rename and rehost them in a random order. Anything sent to me in violation of the rules will have to be resubmitted. I’m not doing it for ya.
--NB: The Internet is not instant. Send your photo ahead of time so it can be inspected beforehand if changes are needed.

The Gray Area:
--Portrait or Landscape orientation is ok.
--The photo must follow the theme and it must be present in the majority of the frame. Having your car in a field for a flowers theme is pretty lame cause the subject should not be your car, nice as it is. Be more creative!
--Portraits of others are ok, self-portraits in the bathroom mirror are lame.
--As long as the photo is within the theme, there are no limits of what/who you can take a picture of.

June 15th—announce contest
June 23rd—all images must be submitted by 11:59pm Central. Hotmail will tell me if late or not.
June 25th-27th—voting! Poll closes at midnight (or as close to it as possible :p )

The Theme: “’A’ is for…”

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
Sounds good.

Question though: the theme you named, seems to hint at abstract pictures, might want to clarify. As in, take a picture of an "apple" rather than take a portrait of someone named "anna" lol, because those pics might be both great but hard to compare

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
yeah, i couldnt think of a good one at the time when i was writing it lol...but what about "Stone"?

ill also adjust the dates when a theme is finally decided upon.

Back