Will these brake pads damage my brake dishes?

johnnxiv

Reaction score
I just bought my new brake pad, and paid $100 for the labor,
Is the labor cost a rip off to replace the 2 rear wheel brake pads?

I bought the high quality pads, Do u think these HQ pads will
ruin/wear out my brake dishes? make it more expensive to fix.

u0WyyqT.jpg

I0U8PwY.jpg

Gu1AVyC.jpg

SSMNVCG3

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
You definitely got bent over on the labor price. It should never cost more then 50 bucks to swap out a set of pads even with a high labor rate.

And what pads are they? High performance pads shouldn't wear out your rotors any faster unless you're braking aggressively

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
You got the quality pads. ← Why would you think they're gonna ruin your brake discs?

(Btw, if you're hearing some noises, those are in the "brake-in" stage, since they're brand new. You need to wait until it goes away for awhile. These noises occur mainly for new disc brakes, but some pads do that, too.)

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
What was their labor rate, and how many hours did they log? Either way, you should try doing it yourself next time…make sure E-brake is disabled, then it’s two nuts, loosen the slide bolts, turn the piston with a big screwdriver, put in the pads, reassemble. Only hard part is if the rotors screws are seized.

If the parts are installed correctly, and the pads are bedded properly, then you’re good.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
the wear on your rotors depend on the material the pads are made off... if it's metallic or semi-metallic, the rotor wear off quicker

johnnxiv

Reaction score
the wear on your rotors depend on the material the pads are made off... if it's metallic or semi-metallic, the rotor wear off quicker

This is exactly what I'm asking, I look at my new brake pads and I see that they are made of very hard materials because they are expensive.

The guys who changed my rear brake pads only took 1 hour, look like I got ripped off big time.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Brakes charge (and pay) 2.0hrs, usually. If you buy new rotors, or have them turned.

Takes less ~1hr w/ new rotors, ~2.0 if turned. Faster is a better guy usually, or he screwed you by not pulling the rotors (needs to pull caliper).

Back