Will these fit my 98? *LOOK* And help plz!

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
angelplus said:
Lol, cant anyone talk in this thread? I dont understand a word that you guys are saying lol, please check your wording before hitting the "submit" button
you should edit it drew. lol, that would be great.

8.5" is huge for a FWD car. vws are really the only the only cars that can tuck a rim that big drooooooooool:
Bild-110.jpg

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
We drive FWD cars, I'd be completely useless to have staggered wheels in the rear. :shoots self in head:

edited

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You could run staggered wheels, but b/c we're so used to seeing them wider in the rear and smaller in the front it'd look weird or retarted to most of us. If you look at some road racers they sometimes run larger wheels/tires in the front and smaller wheels/tires in the rear.

I know in one best of motoring japan video an Integra Type-R was running 16's at all 4 corners but ran a wider/lower profile tire up front w/ a skinnier/higher profile tire in the rear. It was all about handling.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
The stagger tire deal is actually becoming more popular on FWD and RWD I know the new BMW z4M comes with 2 different side wall height set of tires but the same size rims

Phut

Reaction score
here's a pic of a 6th gen with some fat lip in the rear:

25i89q8.jpg

there's some other pics that i found.

retroshark

Reaction score
lol you are going to make your car handle like shite with staggered fitment. you need to stay with the correct offset for your car because thats what the factory designed it for. if you put wider wheels in the rear, all you are doing is sapping power from the engine to try and move the car.

iStealBunnieSz

Reaction score
retroshark said:
lol you are going to make your car handle like shite with staggered fitment. you need to stay with the correct offset for your car because thats what the factory designed it for. if you put wider wheels in the rear, all you are doing is sapping power from the engine to try and move the car.

Yes.. But idc cuz our cars arent for speed nore do i care if my car is slow.. Like i said "Low N' Slow" :) Thanks everyone im just gonna go with the 8.5

Phut

Reaction score
a lot of guys ask if i race my car. i don't. i tell them i ride in style, i'm not in a rush to get to anywhere.

Yogi

Reaction score
heres a couple snap shots....

1164416896_l.jpg

1164416543_l.jpg

1164417485_l.jpg

Work Wheel
VS_ Edition
18X8 +26
1167702188_l.jpg

the rear fit almost perfect but i had to roll the rear just a bit... but it fits flush to the body/fender... like i said before im sure if u match up to my width and offset u can fit w/e.. but so far people been telling me this is the widest offset they seen on our 6th gen...

i was also into the staggered set up but when i thought about it i just wanted to run the same thing all around.... but do what u like :)

iStealBunnieSz

Reaction score
Thats nice u did a 20+ offset.. that means i can do a 30 with not that much of a problem butt i like it very unique :) Ima go with that setup 7.5 in the back 8.5 in the front

Back