Will this paint match?

Bax

Reaction score
I damn sure hope so. I'm gonna check now.

Okayy, so it says YR508M, that is obviously not the satin silver metallic code.. :thinking:

Last edited:

Bax

Reaction score
ahhh i figured it out!!
I have Heather Mist Metallic :cool:

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I don't know if the satin silver matches well (what I have) nor if Duplicolor has a Heather Mist Metallic. I do know I have not had the best match on other colors. ug

I have had good luck with a local paint shop that can custom mix paint to a spray can. Not only is the match right, it is just higher quality paint as well. I pay about $16 per can, there are a few sites online. They also can do the code your father did, if it wasn't stock and he remembers. I don't know if they would do a "custom color", meaning he mixed it himself but if he knows the formula, it shouldn't be a problem.

One thing though, how did the previous owner paint over your dads work?:hide:

Bax

Reaction score
I guess he just left it there to take the lazy way out. :eh:
but i know its the oem color, cause i talked to him yesterday and he said he didn't even look at the name of the color, he just used the color on the tab in the door.

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
He'd rather tape around the emblem then pop it off??? I'd tell him to take it to work and just fix it.

Bax

Reaction score
I'm not even gonna bother to ask him to fix it, he'll put it off forever. He's isn't a big fan of doing anything to my car.

And if you haven't noticed, that big dent in my front bumper, yeah, if you look closely you can tell it's a trailor hitch from a truck. he backed into my car one day on his way to work. Its been a year and he's still "getting around to it."

thanks dad.... :ugh:

so yeah, i just do **** myself now. He's too aggravating to try to get to do anything.

Back