Window Regulator Help

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
Hey guys, I need to replace the window regulator on the passenger side. I got the interior door panel off. How do I get to the regulator inself?

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Rip the protective covering plastic crap out. there should be two bolts that line up with the 2 wholes. un bolt and remove. It is easy.

KnightRyder

Reaction score
there are more than 2 bolts that hold the entire regulator in.

first of all u gotta remove the glass, 2 bolts but you need to lower the window until the bolt lines up with the 2 holes in the door.

slide the glass out the top

unplug the window motor (the connector is on the outside of the door but the wires run inside the door to the motor i believe, cant remember)

then the regulator (the scissor arms) is bolted to the door with like 4-5 bolts.

then fold the regulator and motor assembly down and slide it out of the big hole in the door.

then there are a couple screws holding the motor unit to the regulator itself.

DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN anything when reinstalling. i did that and ended up replacing it again a couple moths after because i tightened it to the point where the motor wasnt grabbing the teeth of the regulator since i accidentally overtightened the bolts and it sorta bent the main joint of the window regulator which threw everything out of whack in a couple months.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Yeah sorry my reply was half assed bc I was in a meeting, my bad. I should have taken more time to write it out. Once you change one it'll be very easy from then on. I've done at least five. Good luck!

Last edited:
Back