Window Tint Question

Murcia

Reaction score
What do you guys think would have a clean look. Im thinking (5%) blackouts on the rear windshield and rear windows but the front windshield and front windows, what percentage? 35%? Pics/examples would be nice!

Yeah, i don't know about tinting, sorry!

danmccormick87

Reaction score
I did a 5% strip across the front windshield, 15% on the side windows that can roll down, 5% on the tiny windows that don't roll down, and 5% on the back window. Looks really good and pretty dark looking, but still able to see out the car rather well :beer:

noelaorozco

Reaction score
I have the exact percentages as him ^ :haters:
Works and looks good, some times I wish I would have done 10% or maybe even 5% on the driver and passenger window.:hmmm2:

Also with the percentages we have, at night you might have to roll down the window to look at your mirrors when parking, not much of a hassle just fyi

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Check to see what's legal in your area. If legality isn't a concern, then I'd go with 15 or 20 for light interior and 20 or 30 for dark interior. I'd go 5-10% darker on the rear windshield since it's so big. I don't think it looks very good when windows are tinted different percentages, but that's me.

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
My setup 35% windshield, 25% all around on a white car looks pretty dark, but sort of "legal"...if you go 35 windshield and 5-10 all around, won't be able to see inside the car, more chance to get pulled over...

truWarier02

Reaction score
In Cali we're not even allowed any tint on the front windows but the rear windows can be limo if you want. Pshhh that looks stupid. After getting 2 tickets, one for 20% all around and one for 35% all around, I just settled with 50% all around. Looks like dusty windows but I only care about reducing interior heat. I really like the look as well though. It's all about the quality of the tint!

I'm thinking about putting the Llumar Air Blue 80 on the front windshield and maybe 3M 20% for the sunroof.

An alternative is to get a doctor's note for skin sensitivity. You're allowed 35% all around and also light tint on the front windshield (which is illegal otherwise).

All depends on your surrounding neighborhood and if your car stands out. Tint accordingly!

ChargerFan17

Reaction score
I have 15% all the way around except for the front windshield because you can't tint those in California. Looks great, kinda makes the car look a little smaller imo. It's dark, but you can still see people inside the car. Do what you want, but I think anything darker than 15% is too dark.

danmccormick87

Reaction score
In Cali we're not even allowed any tint on the front windows but the rear windows can be limo if you want. Pshhh that looks stupid. After getting 2 tickets, one for 20% all around and one for 35% all around, I just settled with 50% all around. Looks like dusty windows but I only care about reducing interior heat. I really like the look as well though. It's all about the quality of the tint!

I'm thinking about putting the Llumar Air Blue 80 on the front windshield and maybe 3M 20% for the sunroof.

An alternative is to get a doctor's note for skin sensitivity. You're allowed 35% all around and also light tint on the front windshield (which is illegal otherwise).

All depends on your surrounding neighborhood and if your car stands out. Tint accordingly!

I don't miss that about California, but your tint really has me second guessing mine. I do enjoy my security that others can't see in until on top of the car (my fiancee sits in the car while I'm at the gym) but at the same time, with the custom work I'm fixing to my interior, I am digging your tint and look. Tempting, as I can even do the windshield, then go back over the tint with a second layer of clear UV tint.

Back