Windshield Washer Fluid Pump Stopped Working!!

goldenchamp

Reaction score
Hey all! Good to be back on the forum. I just moved, and had my champ parked for about a month in a friend's garage. I start it up, drive away, and find that my windshield washers aren't working. I pull off to listen for the pump, and no sound! The reservoir tank is full of Rain-X fluid, so I know it's not that.

I've heard that these pumps are hearty and almost never need replacing, but since it isn't pumping and no fuse is blown, could that be it?

I've also been having some issues with the driver multiplex control unit, could that be causing the problem?

Thanks!

james'99

Reaction score
I would start by checking for voltage at the pump after verifying the fuses. Do you have a test light? That will make quick work of this job.

Hoff Daddy

Reaction score
I've actually had this same problem and I'm going to say it's probably the multi function switch. It seems like the absolute weirdest problem to have I know. First my pump stopped working, it started working again once i fiddled with it, so I spray fluid with the car off, pack everything up, start the car, and boom doesn't work again and now I've lost use of my intermittent wiper speed and no fuse blown. I still haven't gotten around to fixing it. Maybe, let me know if you figure it out for sure, but I'll start with the switch, I have 2.

Last edited:
Back