winter project

silverbullet99

Reaction score
Winters suck IMO. There's really not much to do if you don't snowmobile or ski. Instead of wasting what little money I have on beer and liquor all the time, I'm going to put it into my favorite car....
picture.php

My LX was already in pretty good condition interior/exterior wise, but I couldn't really say the same about the motor/engine bay. I figured I'd keep myself busy by doing a little restoration & rebuilding. I'd really like to do some high performance stuff, but I just can't afford much right now. Not to mention I'm the kind of guy who would get into a lotta trouble if I had more than 170 HP lol. As of right now, I'm just going for a stock rebuild, stage1 clutch, lightweight flywheel, and some sandblasting and painting. I want everything to be MINT, like when it rolled off the assembly line 10 years ago.
picture.php

dropped the motor and trans together
picture.php

block
picture.php

trans. never realized how small it was until last weekend. really tiny and only like 80lbs.
picture.php

head
picture.php

cylinder walls don't look too bad. probably wont need a bore & new pistons, but I wont know until I measure everything.
picture.php

exhaust valves look a little dirty
picture.php

6thgen block in a 7thgen lol. had to load it up by myself, what a bytch.
picture.php

"yo dom, they got no engines"
"what do they plan on racing with? hopes and dreams?"

Back