Would you keep a car if.......

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I'm not sure what year(s) Jags had the electric 'gremlins', but it seems like they are active with your car. It owuld be a shame to get rid of such a classic, I would hang on to it, if for nothing else, the sentimental value of it. Projects like this that you are willing to put alot in to, they can pay off in the long run, you just have to be patient and persistent.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I'm not sure what year(s) Jags had the electric 'gremlins', but it seems like they are active with your car. It owuld be a shame to get rid of such a classic, I would hang on to it, if for nothing else, the sentimental value of it. Projects like this that you are willing to put alot in to, they can pay off in the long run, you just have to be patient and persistent.

All years. My year isn't bad. The early to mid 80's are really bad. Not that the setup is nice, mine dash wiring looks homemade, no harnesses. My one issue is i have interment problems with my right fuel pump (two gas tanks and two pumps), but that tank isn't refurbished so i don't use it.

I'm just frustrated with the alternator conversion and them i'm working on my honda, thinking i should finish what i started. Them i'm like, i want a talon again lol.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
All years. My year isn't bad. The early to mid 80's are really bad. Not that the setup is nice, mine dash wiring looks homemade, no harnesses. My one issue is i have interment problems with my right fuel pump (two gas tanks and two pumps), but that tank isn't refurbished so i don't use it.

I'm just frustrated with the alternator conversion and them i'm working on my honda, thinking i should finish what i started. Them i'm like, i want a talon again lol.

Decisions, decisions, decisions, I hear you.

Yeah, I remember something about the 80's being pretty bad.

A talon......:skurred:.....not knocking your last one, but those have their issues too.

Maybe get one car done at a time(the easier one), and then maybe it won't be so frustrating.

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
I'd keep it. I sold my first car because I was constantly fixing something then something else would break (kinda like your problem). I regret selling it. And to top it off the person who bought it totaled it.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I am an absolute huge fan of the late 80's - 91 Jaguar XJS's. I have gone back and forth about getting one of these big beautiful coupes for a sunday driver/project car, and have been looking at em for a while. I know the electrical systems stink, and I know what you're going through with "the Jaguar parts experience". So don't be too hard on yourself.

I gotta say your XJ is pretty dang nice lookin, even for the condition you say it's in. If you've done the research and it's not worth much now, I guarantee it will be in the future. It may be a pain for ya now, but if you work out the kinks over time and get some paint on that thing...it will be immaculate and rare.

If nothing else, at least it's an actual Jaguar, and not a Ford-uar. :ugh: Keep it.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
The XJS's are cool. It is a car I don't have personal interest in but i've begun to get into all types of jags through meeting owners.

Get a black TWR. I love those sooo much. If you don't know about them, here are some pics i found in a quick search.

http://www.longrun.com/forsale/xjstwr/xjstwr.htm

There is one by my friends house. Sooo clean.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The XJS's are cool. It is a car I don't have personal interest in but i've begun to get into all types of jags through meeting owners.

Get a black TWR. I love those sooo much. If you don't know about them, here are some pics i found in a quick search.

http://www.longrun.com/forsale/xjstwr/xjstwr.htm

There is one by my friends house. Sooo clean.

Ooh very nice. Everything is so 80's from the spoiler to the rims...but somehow it just works. That TWR looks pretty close to the XJS-R, which is my favorite version of this car. Here's a link, I've seen a lot nicer ones in red. Not the greatest example, but you get the idea.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/1432/Jaguar-XJR-S-V12-Celebration-Coupe.html

TWR and XJS-R must be related in some way.

score04w

Reaction score
keep it, me and my pops have a '76 porsche 912e, it can be a pain in the a** sometimes, but it still means something

Back