WTB Honda Accord 2.3L Crankshaft

puffin04

Reaction score
Hello! I am new to this forum but not to the car seen. My girlfriends 1999 honda accord DX spun a rod bearing and trashed the crank. Now i am in search of a new crank for her. I believe all the 2.3L are universal with the research that i have done. I always want to thank Russianred for helping me find this forum. Thanks in advice.

Steffen Sparks

bagoon316

Reaction score
also keep in mind there is the h23 crank for a 2.3L which isnt the same as the F23 crank. I'm sure he is just speaking in general of the F23 crank, which is the same in all models(f23ax), correct?

puffin04

Reaction score
No Vtech on the DX but i assume it has the same crank in it. Also how much are you guys asking for them? Thanks

Steffen Sparks

EmMinODaGreaT

Reaction score
should use the same crank, just different heads. 55mm mains etc.. 100$+ shipping

Ill even throw you in a rod

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Just talked to him earlier today, he said:

puffin04 said:
We went ahead and just ordered the new crank. It was a crank kit for 200 bucks and came with 10 over bearings. I was meaning to ask you but i am looking for the shop manual to download in .pdf format but have not been able to find it? Any ideas? Thanks.

Steffen Sparks

I guess that's the next mission!

puffin04

Reaction score
Thanks again for all your help! We where in a time crunch so went ahead and order the new crank with bearings. I am however looking for a shop manual since i dont know what the torque specs is for everything. I was hoping not to purchase a hynes manual since i think they suck. Thanks

Steffen Sparks

Back