XBOX360 Restarting?

MikeyMike

Reaction score
i know a bunch of you have 360, i just bought it last night along with GTA4.

so i plug it in set it all up, start playing,, in the opening montage the system turns off, and turns on again loads up the game. so as it plays the montage again i skip it, play for a bout 20 min, next montage it shuts off, turns on again.

play another 20 min and im chasing a guy and it turns off turns on. so im like ehhh ill bring it back tomorrow.

i come home last night, my brother says he played it for 3 hours, didnt turn off once, he watched all the videos and everything.

should i bring it back? or it just needed a little breakin process?

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
That is a known fault with the game and not the console, it has caused many systems to restart and glitch.

BPAccord

*DAIGAKUSOTSU*
Reaction score
my brother in law jus got his copy of GTA 4 yesterday...after about an hour and half the game froze on him and restarted as well......he waited a couple hours then started again.....hasnt froze or skipped since.....i heard that GT5 prologue has had some problems on the 360 and PS3 system

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Yeah it has to be the game..My friend has it on PS3 and has had lots of problems with loading....About a third of the time the game will not load at all...and i think it has frozen a few times...

MikeyMike

Reaction score
it doesnt freeze tho. it will just go blank and go back to my screen on the tv like i had turned the system off... and then it will start up again, and ill get the xbox360 screen like the systems had restarted itself...

but the 1st time it did it after like 10 min, on the opening screne. which would rule out overheating IMO. it did it a total of 3 times to me in an hour. i left to play a softball game i come home, and my brother says he played since i left with no problem.

gamestop said it could be the system, another one said its the game. i dunno

im gona play it tonight when i get home from work, if it does it im bringing both back and requesting new ones. $485 in total for headaches? common

BPAccord

*DAIGAKUSOTSU*
Reaction score
its crazy because i hear all these games are either freezing or the system restarting itself...i bought my 360 like last thanksgiving..havent had any problems with it....wen assassins creed came out i heard it froze too...ive played mines since the first day and never had a problem...ive yet to test out GT5 but my bro in law did have a problem with GTA4..go figure huh

truonghthe

Reaction score
Yeah it has to be the game..My friend has it on PS3 and has had lots of problems with loading....About a third of the time the game will not load at all...and i think it has frozen a few times...

Not me sir I had a PS3 60g system and it load every thing fine, and I also own an xbox 360.

Ric Rock

Reaction score
yeah if i were you i'd get it exchanged thats too much money to let it ride on the fact that a 50 buck game is the problem just get a new 360 and have the security of a new working system. depending on where u buy it buy the warranty so that you can keep goin back and getting it swapped then and there.

Back