xxr 501 tire Help. new to this

EA6GA

Reaction score
Im New To This.
i Have a white 99 accord Ex Sedan with ff type 1s
nd i have xxr 501 15x8 +15 offset that are currently wrapped in 195/50 falken ziex tires. nd i put them on and the tires looks really small. i know rims are kinda small but idc
im just wondering what size of tire i wanna go with.
dont mean to sound dumb. but would want an honest opinion. maybe 215/60? idk. thanks.

EA6GA

Reaction score
Haha. i have them before on the car.
with 195/65/15 nd it looked decent. but it rubbed alot

SykVSyx

Reaction score
sbrmt1.jpg

Gives me a good idea as to what SMR would look like.

As for the wheels, wow, that's alot of tire.

This may be helpful,

15" = 60/65
16" = 60/65
17" = 40/45/50
18" = 40
19" = 35/40

As for width, with an 8" wide rim, 215 would be fine, will stretch a bit, depends on the tire you go with.

You can play around with those numbers a bit, but you don't want your speedo to be off, so you want to stay as close to OEM spec as possible. 19's will throw things off slightly because they are a big wheel anyway.

15's are rather small for our cars, unless you have a pretty agressive drop. From your pics, they don't look half bad, just ALOT of tire.

Last edited:

JordanFleenor

Reaction score
Run 195/50 or 195/55. Slam the fawkk outta it, and post back.

If you are not slammed, you'll definitely have some monster truck status.

As for width, with an 8" wide rim, 215 would be fine, will stretch a bit, depends on the tire you go with.

You can play around with those numbers a bit, but you don't want your speedo to be off, so you want to stay as close to OEM spec as possible. 19's will throw things off slightly because they are a big wheel anyway.

15's are rather small for our cars, unless you have a pretty agressive drop. From your pics, they don't look half bad, just ALOT of tire.

I don't believe 215 will stretch on 8" because 215 = 8.5 inches. Very true about throwing off the speedo though. And I don't suppose 15's could be too small considering that is what size the car comes with stock. But I agree, looks good even though the tire is a lot.

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score

You could go 45 as well, with a 17, I forgot to mention that.

I don't believe 215 will stretch on 8" because 215 = 8.5 inches. Very true about throwing off the speedo though. And I don't suppose 15's could be too small considering that is what size the car comes with stock. But I agree, looks good even though the tire is a lot.

More of a lean, than a stretch, if that, I guess.

Stock height + 15's, ok, slammed + 15's, not so ok, but will do if done right.

Back