Yay Dead Deer! + Camber kit

xX_AccordLx_Xx

Reaction score
I can almost guarentee you that something is bent, but if you manage to get the alignment squared, then it should be fine. Needless to say, I would take a real good look at the passenger side suspension.

Yeah I did a quick check the next day to see if anything was noticeably out of place but i didn't see anything unusual. Regardless, i took it too the shop that day told em what happened and to take a look just to make sure nothing was out of wack. They said it all looked fine, but i also got a wheel alignment just to be sure, so that's all squared away.

I agree with alex please don't get wicked tuning . I had mine on for about 20,000 miles and alex took it off and bushings were worn like crazy

Damm that sucks sorry to hear, thanks for the heads up though, i'll be staying away from these then!

haha im glad you liked it!

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Related story I strongly recommend reading.....

The Car Lounge said:
Coming home from Long Beach, WA last night, I was reminded of a lesson long forgotten.
When in rural areas, 2 or more cars on the side of the road with hazards on might be worth paying more attention to.

Apparently, a few minutes before I arrived, someone hit a deer/elk/large dog/meat filled object. During that interlude, a few more people drove over it, knocking the limbs and head off it.
Leaving me a 'Meatramp'. My lowered Audi rendered any chances of roadkill cafe opening up a new location null and void. I'm certain the locals will be telling tales for years to come of the white station wagon that launched off the Meatramp back in Ot-9.
They'll more than likely build a statue of me near there as well. And my nephew may never forget the sound a Meatramp makes when forcibly ejecting a vehicle.

Anyway, I had to drive the rest of the way home with the windows up, and mouth-breathing to avoid the stench coming from the freshly cooking entrails. Pulled into the driveway of the shop and was relieved to find very little damage, but a LOT of blood. And some Acropolis sized steak pieces. Broke the lower plastic engine compartment cover in a few spots, but otherwise all seems normal.
So now I have a clean underbelly, with a only mildly lingering stench of death, and a driveway of steak bites, left for the neighborhood stray cats. And a scared poopless nephew.
And of course, my wife , only a few hundred yards behind, missed the whole thing. Didn't even realize there was a Meatramp opportunity just mere feet from her car.

And part 2, Since I neglected to look at the passenger side last night.

Rule #2.
Blood goes everywhere.

The whole passenger side of the car had a nice crimson hue to it. Of course, since I don't use the passenger side of the car, I did not notice last night. But stopping for a black tea latte this morning at starbucks, there was a little smell. Which I did not notice until I came back out from retrieving a hot tasty beverage. The people sitting outside seemed to notice before I did. But, it's hard to miss a white wagon covered in fur and blood. At least when it's parked right in front of your venti-double shot-caramel macchiato with half and half, a pump of vanilla, and room for extra cream.

"Your car is covered in blood..and is that fur?"
"hmm, yep. Must not have got it all washed off last night"
"Uhh-what did you hit?"
"Meatramp!"
"???"

So, after I got it to work, I went around it with the pressure washer as opposed to the hose at the shop. Found more meat,even in the rear springs. Think I got another 4-6 oz. of stew pieces out of the passenger side. And I think I'm almost back to a vegetarian car again.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
what a well written bed time story. nice post justin.
and OP, any update on the damages?

xX_AccordLx_Xx

Reaction score
Thanks Justin, similar problem happened to me, next morning noticed I had some hair/fur still dangling from under my bumper, had to scrape that off. As for the blood got a good detailed wash to take care of that.

what a well written bed time story. nice post justin.
and OP, any update on the damages?

Not too much, after getting the alignment and balancing, ride feels much smoother. Still have some slight drag while driving which I'm going to attribute to the uneven negative camber I have now, going to purchase a camber kit and install in two weeks when on break though. Also have some extensive spider cracks on my front bumper from the incident. Going to have to replace the bumper once I can get some funds together.

Back