ZFreak's RB26DETT Z32 300zx build...

ZFreak

Reaction score
Damn great work man. A lot of props from me. What all left do you have to finalize the engine?

The turbo will be in the mail in about a week.

Unfortunately, the parts left to buy are the $$$ parts, so this is the part that will take some time. I pay for everything with cash (or debit card anyway), and my wife only lets me spend about $2000/month on parts for it. Sounds like a lot, but on this engine it's not.

Parts Left to buy/modify:

ATI Street Crank Damper - $550
Oil Pump - $400
Turbo oil lines, -AN fittings, etc. - $500+
Flywheel - $450
Clutch - $750+
PowerFC D-jetro w/all sensors - $2100
Modify the oil pan - $425 w/shipping
1200cc injectors (RB engineering) 114/lb, 11.0mm, low imped. x6 - $600

MANY little parts, like plugs for oil/water passages, small sensors here and there, etc...which will probably add up.

Then the little bit of wiring to be done (not much), heater core lines, run fuel lines to the other side of the engine bay, and that's about it.

So, still about $5000 of parts to buy, but a LOT of labor still too. It'll be awhile.

I've already spent more than planned on it, with the bill for the swap already above $10,000 including the price of the engine. :(

Fortunately things have still been well with my job. My wife is in the middle of starting a new (better paying) job, but we're also building a house right now too....so obviously the priority is the house. I just hope I can get this engine done so we can focus more on our new house! :) It'll be a monster though!

CHID0

Reaction score
Damn, you're my idol :jealousbow:

Did you do the final assembly of the motor yourself?

ZFreak

Reaction score
Yup...everything done myself. The only thing I haven't done myself so far is having a machine shop hot tank some parts for me.

ZFreak

Reaction score
Oh I won't!!! It'll be coming along over the winter months and hopefully running early next year!

ZFreak

Reaction score
LOL, I've been married for over 10 years. :) I'm FAR from single, and yes, my wife understands my "Car Hobby"...

Back