ZFreak's RB26DETT Z32 300zx build...

ZFreak

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the info on the difference between the 2+0 and 2+2, I've always wondered that myself.

There is an off-white 300zx by where I live for sale for $4500 (I forget what year). The outside looks very nice, but the inside...extremely worn, seats look like they were never conditioned and you can see all the dirt in the folds, etc. The shifter, boot, console, steering wheel, floor carpet are all worn as well. Even though it is a manual, I swore it off. Pretty sure it's not a twin turbo, it's suppose to say that in the black area of the tails, correct?

Question for you, is the painted bottom part of the front bumper suppose to have a texture throughout, or is it suppose to be smooth like the rest of the car? There is a different finish or texture on the bottm section...and it looks bad im my opinion.

PS can't wait to see your final result.

It's supposed to be "textured" all the way around... they called it "Rock guard" or something like that. I sanded all of mine off during the repaint of my car.

Patients my friends!!! It's coming along!

Here's a teaser in the mean time...

This is the car where my turbo came from. It's a Borg Warner S360 (he upgraded to a S366) and I'll just let the video speak for themselves. He made more HP and in this vid...but wait until the end for the real test. This guy's name is Andy...he's had his swap running for about 2-3 years now...runs low 10 second 1/4 miles on drag radials. :) (and now has it mated to a TH400 transmission too!! hah)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHToCueBeyo

...and this is the car that my front crossmember, front sway bar, FMIC, radiator, and motor mounts came from (so this car has since been parted out obviously). He used to work for Speed and Sound STL which is the link on the video. (EDIT>>> and exhaust and downpipe!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBudnZrnjro

ZFreak

Reaction score
A two week update:

Its going to be 84 degrees here today, I've had the A/C running in my garage all day to pull the humidity out (and pollen here in East Texas!) so I'm planning on shooting the clear this evening. The base coat has been shot and wetsanded. Clear here we come!

GlassJAw

Reaction score
Was gonna ask if anything had happened with this beastie!!
Whats the chances of getting an initial start up video of this thing..... I'm guessing you will be the one turning the key initially, so would you have anyone available that could film under the hood whilst you're doing the key turning?

I love seeing amazing builds take their first breath of air!!

starbai

Reaction score
Props for working on the Z dude... so many people think they're too much more work than their worth... I personally love em' and yours is no exception!

Back