ZFreak's RB26DETT Z32 300zx build...

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
i am glad i came across this thread, the Z32 is my (realistic) dream car. has been since i was 8 (99). just read through 28 pages so too the progress and whatnot. i cannot wait to see this thing ended, running, and being perfect.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
i do believe you ment R34, sorry if someone else corrected or what not i didnt read all the way through

but good luck with build none the less!!!

PS left photos in of this beauty

All of the commonly known GTR's had RB26DETT engines R32-R34. Then came along this piece of **** V6 VR38DETT.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
F23A1AT said:
All of the commonly known GTR's had RB26DETT engines R32-R34. Then came along this piece of **** V6 VR38DETT.
Lol, yeah isnt that a *****. Nissan had the straight six since 1969 in there z car and skyline. Then they decide to change something that has always worked.

The old adage, "dont fix it unless its broke" can apply here

ZFreak

Reaction score
Not R34. The engine is from a R33 GT-R. RB26DETT. The R34's are hard to tune because of emissions/electronics that were added. It's almost an entirely different engine.

The R32 GT-R's (the early ones in particular) had a narrow drive collar on the crankshaft for the oil pump that strips the oil pump out at higher RPM and can ruin the entire project very quickly. Hence why I went with the R33 RB26DETT. :)

So to answer you....nope, I did mean R33. :)

Nissan2anAccord

Reaction score
Not R34. The engine is from a R33 GT-R. RB26DETT. The R34's are hard to tune because of emissions/electronics that were added. It's almost an entirely different engine.

The R32 GT-R's (the early ones in particular) had a narrow drive collar on the crankshaft for the oil pump that strips the oil pump out at higher RPM and can ruin the entire project very quickly. Hence why I went with the R33 RB26DETT. :)

So to answer you....nope, I did mean R33. :)

hmmm... im fairly certain the R33 came with the RB25de(t/tt???)... imma go do research now... and bring my findings back... just testing my knowledge as well as others of nissans... (i used to own one myself)

F23A1AT

Reaction score
They had different variations of the RB in them all the way down to a 2.0 litre.

Btw this new hunk o garbage GTR is not a skyline. Pls don't call it that.

Nissan2anAccord

Reaction score
They had different variations of the RB in them all the way down to a 2.0 litre.

Btw this new hunk o garbage GTR is not a skyline. Pls don't call it that.

to be honest, i never really researched that closely into which motor was where for the GTR's.. but given the Zfreak did his research and all that was said is true he got the best motor for the money

as far as the GTR is concerned... it is a great car by all means, but it is lacking the history and soul of the last generation GTR...

F23A1AT

Reaction score
to be honest, i never really researched that closely into which motor was where for the GTR's.. but given the Zfreak did his research and all that was said is true he got the best motor for the money

as far as the GTR is concerned... it is a great car by all means, but it is lacking the history and soul of the last generation GTR...

This is so true.

GlassJAw

Reaction score
So Mr Freak, whats the outcome now the silly season is over??
I come in here almost daily hoping to see the words "IT'S ALIVE" or "FIRST START" or something to that affect on the title...... but allas nothing as of yet.

I can understand that you have allot of other things goin on right now, but this car must be getting to the point of the build where you just want to drive it at any cost??

Back