Stance Help

Fabian

Reaction score
Alright, so this is going to be a two part question. Read on and you'll understand.

1. will 17x8.5 +15 offset, with hub adapters that are 25mm (1 inch thick?) sit mexiflush or poked or whatever you call it? So I'll have to camber the hell outta the tires?

2. should I keep the wheels?

So here's some backstory to help you guys understand. I'm an extreme baller on a budget kinda guy. I wanted BBS reps, and found a set for an amazing price at Waterfest 2013. I paid $250 for an almost MINT set of wheels the size that I wanted and all. I was told the wheels were 4x100 so I figured no big deal I'll get adapters. HOWEVER, I found out the wheels are actually 4x108 which is a weird *** pattern that Euro cars use.

Now, I've read and tried to use the fitment calculators online as much as I can. But I just cant get a solid answer. And I know some of you guys are wheel gurus and could tell me what I need to know.

So basically, all I want to know, are these wheels with adapters going to poke extremely? Do you think I'll be okay just pulling the fenders and rolling them? I bought F&F type 2's and I'm gonna go pretty low and want to tuck. But I do NOT want to camber so much that I'm gonna be going through tires left and right. OOOOOR, do you think the fitment's going to poke too much with adapters and I should just try to sell the wheels and find another set that's actually 4x114.3?

I just need some guidance I guess. Cause I can't really make up my mind and some people are telling me that they'll poke ALOT, some people are saying "nah you'll be okay". I'd rather hear from guys that have the same car and KNOW what they're talking about.

Varnell

Reaction score
You're going to get a lot of "there's a thread for this", but aside from that if you have the adapters then they won't be much different than running spacers. FFII's will get you low enough to pull off more aggressive specs than this. Just be ready to roll and pull your fenders. That's all free so you should be fine.

As far as I know, you'll have to lower enough that not running a camber kit may become an issue if you don't get alignments regularly.

Fabian

Reaction score
You're going to get a lot of "there's a thread for this", but aside from that if you have the adapters then they won't be much different than running spacers. FFII's will get you low enough to pull off more aggressive specs than this. Just be ready to roll and pull your fenders. That's all free so you should be fine.

As far as I know, you'll have to lower enough that not running a camber kit may become an issue if you don't get alignments regularly.

I know that there are threads on the whole fitment thing already. But I havent found a thread that explains (offset + width + height of a wheel = fit or no fit.) ya know? I just want to know HOW MUCH exactly the wheel will poke out from the fenders cause if its gonna need an extreme amount of camber, I dont want to do it. cause I dont wanna shred through tires all the time.

Varnell

Reaction score
Do you have any idea how far you want your fenders from the ground? How much tuck are you talking about? Wheel tuck? Tire tuck? Are you planning on running natural camber? There are member's rides threads that have some pretty aggressive specs.

Fabian

Reaction score
I've seen a couple pics of accords at 23" from top of fender to ground? I wanna be right around there. MAYBE a little lower. I want basically want to get the lip of the wheel about an inch from touching the fender when sitting still.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
+15 - 25 = -10

So your wheels would effectively be 17 x 8.5 -10

These are 17 x 9 +38

0406081224-1.jpg

To compare, your wheels will stick out 38 + 10, 48mm further, but are about 12.7mm narrower, half on each side, so subtract 6.3mm, ending up with 41.7mm. Your wheels will stick out 1.6" further than the ones in the picture.

In other words, they're going to stick out like a set of 13" daytons unless you run LOTS of camber, and probably some fender mods.

If you run NO spacer, they will be out 23mm further, again subtract the 6.3 for width, 16.7mm or 0.65 inch.

So maybe you can redrill the hub and rotors? I'm not sure if it would be safe though.

Last edited:

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
^^
That.

Anything under +12 offset is over doing it for the Accord depending on the width of the wheel.

I personally think +20 offset if about perfect for these chassis.

I'd sell the wheels and just get some other BBS reps, there are plenty (STR for example).

Not worth the money to fill/redrill some reps.

Back