Rims or 6-Speed Swap

cmgreensr

Reaction score
Hell, your from jersey, on the Delaware Craigslist the other day somebody posted rsx s type 17's with tires for $500 if you really need wheels first but seriously, read up about the possible trans issues before you decide.

pjnofrills

Reaction score
I picked up TL-S wheels on Craigslist because they look great, they were relatively cheap, and my transmission isn't dead *yet*. Now that I have them I want to get coilovers. A transmission swap would be fantastic, but it's what, $2,000 to $4,000?

Jarrett

Reaction score
Wheels make a huge difference in looks of course, & if the same budget is for both these mods you could get a hell of a nice set. But in my experience the joy wheels bring fades over time. Having a manual never gets old.

However, make sure you have the means to get the swap done right, whether you’re doing it yourself or having a shop do it. It’s a process.

As a Super Moderator, what qualifications do you feel this post has to be in the DIY section?

Jarrett

Reaction score
Right. Quoting him was simply a way of showing that moderators routinely see this type of disorganization and disregard for the site structure, but do nothing about it.

It prevents this site from being used to its intended purpose. This is a DIY section in which I should be able to come in here and find many different guides depicting certain things I could do to my car and how to do them. I shouldn't have to sift through the questions posted by members in regards to how they should wire up their amps or what might be going wrong with their car based on certain symptoms. One of the offenders on the front page of this section has many DIY guides on another Honda site and has been capable of following the structure over here, but gets here and suddenly cannot. I feel that this is a product of the lack of concern for how this site is used.

This forum shouldn't be used as a chat room. Once you've gotten tired of these cars someone else will come behind you and they will look to the internet in order to find help with certain issues. If that information is not searchable because of all the "Should I wipe my *** or fold my clothes?" posts in the DIY section, then the moderators were not good custodians of their responsibilities. It has only been a position won by a popularity contest.

This isn't personal against any moderator, and especially not toward the one that simply happens to be involved in this thread.

f20bcg3

Reaction score
Let me just say that this site is one of the most organized and helpful sites i have been on in all my years as a car enthusiast. Also adding into fact the members and also moderators are great people. Whatever issue you have ran into while being a member of 6thgenaccord.com i hope it get resolves but if you dont like the way the site is being used or the information you find isnt helpful then your more than welcome to find another helpful site if not enjoy your stay in this wonderful site NO OFFENSE OR RUDENESS INTENDED ....
P.S
If you decide to leave let me tell you like my father used to tell me
Dont let the doorknob hit you where the good lord split you.
P.P.S
If you decide to stay another thing my father used to say
(Respeta quien respeta para que te respeten)
( Give respect to those who respect, to be respected)

F20Bs don't take prisoners they chop faces off!!

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Right. Quoting him was simply a way of showing that moderators routinely see this type of disorganization and disregard for the site structure, but do nothing about it.

It prevents this site from being used to its intended purpose. This is a DIY section in which I should be able to come in here and find many different guides depicting certain things I could do to my car and how to do them. I shouldn't have to sift through the questions posted by members in regards to how they should wire up their amps or what might be going wrong with their car based on certain symptoms. One of the offenders on the front page of this section has many DIY guides on another Honda site and has been capable of following the structure over here, but gets here and suddenly cannot. I feel that this is a product of the lack of concern for how this site is used.

This forum shouldn't be used as a chat room. Once you've gotten tired of these cars someone else will come behind you and they will look to the internet in order to find help with certain issues. If that information is not searchable because of all the "Should I wipe my *** or fold my clothes?" posts in the DIY section, then the moderators were not good custodians of their responsibilities. It has only been a position won by a popularity contest.

This isn't personal against any moderator, and especially not toward the one that simply happens to be involved in this thread.

I'm confused by this

Back