White instrument panel LED bulbs (twist lock)

twofast4u

Reaction score
How bulbs did you buy and did you alter the gauge face at all to get that white look? That looks hella good!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

needed about 3 of those bulbs...just order 4 to be safe. And no modification needed for the faces. I just literally swapped the bulbs. Also, I realize the temp gauge is not as bright, but that's because it uses a smaller LED bulb, and i cannot find one bright enough that fits.

Mikey

Reaction score
Wow. Those things are bright enough that it looks like you don't need the three above it shining down on it. Or do you? And those rings really do offset the cluster nicely. :thumbsup:

twofast4u

Reaction score
Wow. Those things are bright enough that it looks like you don't need the three above it shining down on it. Or do you? And those rings really do offset the cluster nicely. :thumbsup:

Thanks Mike. I still have crappy led's at the top but they really dont do much. If i get a new ride this year, those rings will be for sale lol

velasquez626

Reaction score
Cluster lights whats up everyone i just wanted to post up a picture of how my cluster came out to look i got these bulbs from the link you guys posted up hear and turned out better then before

Check it out
210e00b24f84d2904837e6ac7d56bc92.jpg

SupraGuy

Reaction score
At this point, I'd be happy to find decent incandescent lamps for a reasonable price. Nice, inexpensive LEDs seems very hard to find.

I'm also looking for a warmer colour, 4000k-5000k.

The 194 replacements in the cluster aren't hard to find, and I've found several alternatives.

The one narrower one by the fuel gauge seems to work as a 74, but it would need to be brighter than a standard 74. It appears that there's another one of those as the low fuel light. It looks like something closer to a standard 74 for the odometer backlight.

Then the panel lights, those twist-lock lamps are a major pain. I even tried the dealer, and was told that they'd have to order them in, and they cost about $8 each. Ugh.

I'll probably go scavenge at the wrecker, and hope that I find some that work.

If there's a good source for LEDs, I'll do that.

twofast4u

Reaction score
Cluster lights whats up everyone i just wanted to post up a picture of how my cluster came out to look i got these bulbs from the link you guys posted up hear and turned out better then before

Check it out
210e00b24f84d2904837e6ac7d56bc92.jpg

these the ones i posted?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Ended up buying 6k temp LED bulbs anyway, and they actually look like 5K which is what I wanted. Not sure how, I removed all the filters from the CC unit.

temporary_116.jpg

Last edited:
Back