Bogging/misfiring at low rpms.

trendyredneck

Reaction score
Between 1000 to 2500/3000 it bogs down and almost misfires if my throttle is any farther than minimal throttle. If its at minimal it will run fine. At 3000 rpms or more it runs just fine. And i took it to oreillys and it is giving me the same code it has for months... The catalytic converter. Is it possible that my cat got so plugged up that it makes it seem like its misfiring/bogging at low rpms? I figured it it was thw cat it would do it through the whole rev range. Would it just build up enough pressure at 3k to push past it? But like i said at 3k+ or at minimal throttle, it runs fine which makes me think its not an ignition issue but that its running rich... Also when you get on the throttle too much while its bogging/misfiring the check engine light will blink which means there is a misfire somewhere and the cat could be recieving unburnt fuel... Im at a loss. And at idle it runs fine except for every 30 seconds or so it gives the slightest little misfire or something. Not enough to mess with the rpms tho. This is as far as ive made it. Please help me figure out what it could be.

Also, it is my 2000 accord 4dr. With an f23a4.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Between 1000 to 2500/3000 it bogs down and almost misfires if my throttle is any farther than minimal throttle. If its at minimal it will run fine. At 3000 rpms or more it runs just fine. And i took it to oreillys and it is giving me the same code it has for months... The catalytic converter. Is it possible that my cat got so plugged up that it makes it seem like its misfiring/bogging at low rpms? I figured it it was thw cat it would do it through the whole rev range. Would it just build up enough pressure at 3k to push past it? But like i said at 3k+ or at minimal throttle, it runs fine which makes me think its not an ignition issue but that its running rich... Also when you get on the throttle too much while its bogging/misfiring the check engine light will blink which means there is a misfire somewhere and the cat could be recieving unburnt fuel... Im at a loss. And at idle it runs fine except for every 30 seconds or so it gives the slightest little misfire or something. Not enough to mess with the rpms tho. This is as far as ive made it. Please help me figure out what it could be.

Also, it is my 2000 accord 4dr. With an f23a4 manual 5 spd

962d78acb70afac8bdbd0fb944c3054f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

trendyredneck

Reaction score
I was told by someone that i should check the distributor cap and rotor. After pulling them, there was some oil in the cap and the contact points and rotor had some buildup and stuff on there so i replacrs rhem but the problem still persists... Any help would be much appreciated.

Back