SRI Airflow

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Even if you did the stock intake tube has a feature that prevents the water from getting to the throttle body.

angelusnhc

Reaction score
now if you added a heatshield would this restrict the air flow? on my car it made the intake more quite and it feels like it restricts the airflow.

5spdcoupe

Reaction score
now if you added a heatshield would this restrict the air flow? on my car it made the intake more quite and it feels like it restricts the airflow.

Could have, if it was positioned in front of the intake which would block flowing air when you are driving your car. Also if the heatshield is very close or pressing up against the filter it will restrict flow as well. As long as its blocking the back and the sides of the cone and at a reasonable distance it shouldn't effect it.

HaloCoupe

Reaction score
Whats the point of a heatshield i thought it has been proven that heatsoak on our cars is purely myth

angelusnhc

Reaction score
well i got it on the top and there is a good gap between it and the filter. but then my battery it actually pushing on my intake so that blocks air from one side as well. do i need to post pics?

5spdcoupe

Reaction score
Well a pic would definately help. I don't think the top of the filter is a good place either, thats not blocking the source of the heat and could block incoming air from the front of the car.

EDIT: the battery in our engine bays is actually a pretty decent heat shield for SRIs come to think of it...

Last edited:
Back