which header for 99 ex sedan?

918Accord

Reaction score
i had dc headers and i got a crack and the flex pipe had a split in it but i did have them for like 3 years

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
i had dc headers and i got a crack and the flex pipe had a split in it but i did have them for like 3 years

that's bound to happen with any ceramic header if you assrape them. they tend to crack when exposed to repeated extended periods of serious heat. normal driving, fine. once a while racing/speeding fine. redlining everyday, probably will die in 1 year.

not sure if any of that applied to you because each case is unique, but that's what i know about ceramic header.

everyone go turbo, buy a turbo manifold and call it a night.

cliffsta

Reaction score
So are headers a legitimate option for a daily driver? Are they easy to DIY install or should I let a shop do it since I've never done anything remotely similar? And which would gain better performance, a header or a better muffler / catback?

B12ucehuy

Reaction score
Its pretty easy to put on the header. The hard part is all the rusty bolts, if you don't have an air tools, Liquid wrench/WD40, a torch, or a breaker bar its going to be a bitch getting those bolts loose. Once you get the bolts off its simple plug and play, except when your tighting the screws on the header you want to go inside going out.

white beauty

Reaction score
i personally had a shop install mine, i tried to get those damn bolts off without air tools and it just wasnt happening, not to mention the car was on jack stands so i had very little room to work.

For Cliffsta: i would say that a header would give more power, i mean gaining 4 horsepower with a header is still more than gaining 2 with a catback lol, my one recomendation would be to get both with an intake, just having 1 or two of three doesnt work, you really need all three to see any difference, no matter how insignificant it is lol.

cliffsta

Reaction score
Well I've got the SRI, so you think I need to go ahead and get a header and a catback? I don't want loud exhaust, reckon a local shop can give me a better-than-OE exhaust that isn't loud and a deal on a header?

Back