Engine Splash Guard Shield

slowrider87

Reaction score
OP- don't ignore these guys. but don't ignore this. those liners are all there for a reason. sure maybe they've gotten by without them for 1, 3, 5, years. but honestly i think you have way better chances of a chunk of a semi's blown tire getting kicked up and grabbed by a belt or pulley than you do of winning the lottery. sorry Sketch i just can't agree with that. i've seen odder things happen due to road debris (my buddies cobalt had a shard of metal get kicked through his oilpan, luckily it was a cobalt, no big loss). although i do agree and believe you'd likely be ok, i just wanted to shed light on the "they were put there for a reason" so you can at least weigh your options out right.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Huh .. I generally don't run over road debris .. I took a chance ONCE with a bag, and it costed me $120 .. a blown tire ? I definitely would not run that over, no one should, especially when slammed .. If you're still running over debris, you should reconsider lowering your car hahahahaha. I'm more worried about rocks lodging between a belt and pulley, but sketch has settled that nerve for me ..

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i run over things every chance i get. all jokes aside.

most recently, i took out a garbage can that was in the middle of the road...launched it ~30 feet into its owners lawn...then a week later the lid was in the middle of the road, which happened to get snagged and dragged under my car for a mile or so haha. its really a game, ive got 148 points so far.​

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
yeah I think you've just been lucky Andy.

having salt and sand constantly hitting my pulleys over the course of those same three years is why I had to have them replaced and the shield installed again.

it's not rocks I care about, it's all this salt they dump in my area in Nov-Jan. You must not drive your car at all in the winter man :lawl:

Matt wouldn't know anything about this to begin with being in FL, so case closed there too.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yeah I think you've just been lucky Andy.

having salt and sand constantly hitting my pulleys over the course of those same three years is why I had to have them replaced and the shield installed again.

it's not rocks I care about, it's all this salt they dump in my area in Nov-Jan. You must not drive your car at all in the winter man :lawl:

Matt wouldn't know anything about this to begin with being in FL, so case closed there too.

i drive my car 24/7/365, as its the only way i have of getting anywhere outside of my front door. dont even get me started on new jersey and their salty roads...which are more of moon surfaces by the time april comes around. i wont even mention my passenger rear quarter panel either...or lack of it.

its not luck, its just how it is. im an incredibly unlucky person as well. seriously, look at the space, size of the belts, and everything else thats in the way of anything getting between your belts and pulleys as youre driving down the road. not to mention the belts are also in motion, so something getting caught is even more unlikely, as whatever it would be would most likely bounce off and out of harms way. im not trying to sway anyones opinions, just putting out the straight facts.

matt also drives his accord, and i also believe its his only car, so im sure he has to deal with road debris as well, just like the rest of us. if anything was to get caught in the belt, id rather it be a salt rock because it would be crushed, easily.

0302091312.jpg

0302091313.jpg

even when packed with snow up to the alternator after a mornings plowing, **** was fine.

i guess it all depends on the size of your vagina :lawl:

and even if **** did hit the fan, whats the worst that could happen, a belt snaps? oh no, $10! and a very small amount of downtime :rolleyes:

obviously op wants to replace his, so go ahead. all i was telling him was that hell be fine in the meantime until he has everything to put back in and not to worry about it.​

hellfire127

Reaction score
Yeah since my fender guards are already coming I might as well get the engine guard. I can't use the fender guards without the splash anyway, the fender needs to be connected to the splash...or to bumper i forgot which. They came off only cause the end wasn't connected to anything so at high speed the tires would run over them.

My car is also lowered, but not much much since my tein ss are adjusted to almost max height (wheels rub fender :()

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Salty streets are the least of my worries in Cali .. Imma do et hehehe

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
uh, Andy..I'm not talking about things getting *stuck* in the parts.

I'm talking about massive rust from all the water, salt, and other crap spraying on those parts for YEARS because there's nothing there blocking it from happening.

:lawl:

and yes, it most assuredly will happen.

so 1. not talking about rocks getting stuck in things

and 2. talking about rust the entire time here

Back