Engine Splash Guard Shield

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
sheesh... :ughrun:

my splash guard was ripped off by an ice clod last winter... damn texas boys compensating for their vagina driving ginormous trucks!

cg ftw

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
All of my splash shields have been ripped out while driving....and I haven't replaced them its been like 2 years now. And rust isn't an issue...it's going to happen anyway.

slowrider87

Reaction score
Huh .. I generally don't run over road debris .. I took a chance ONCE with a bag, and it costed me $120 .. a blown tire ? I definitely would not run that over, no one should, especially when slammed .. If you're still running over debris, you should reconsider lowering your car hahahahaha. I'm more worried about rocks lodging between a belt and pulley, but sketch has settled that nerve for me ..
pretty sure that MOST of us aren't out there TRYING to run over road debris. there are a few. but lets face it. sometimes its there and you can't swerve fast enough or its best not to risk swerving do to the chance of hitting something else. if a truck blows a tire in front of you... it's pretty damn hard to dodge it all, especially when its a dump truck and the tire blowing causes a rough ride and rocks and sh*t fall out from the vibrations adding just more sh*t you can't dodge. i was making a reference to the fact that sh*t happens. better to be prepared.

Personally I would replace them.

me too. if there no legitimate reason or function to taking them out then i personally stand by my "They are there for a reason" theory. we all know companies are out to make money and save it too. i mean seriously do they really think honda would have spent the extra money to put those in if there wasn't a good reason for having them.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
pretty sure that MOST of us aren't out there TRYING to run over road debris. there are a few. but lets face it. sometimes its there and you can't swerve fast enough or its best not to risk swerving do to the chance of hitting something else. if a truck blows a tire in front of you... it's pretty damn hard to dodge it all, especially when its a dump truck and the tire blowing causes a rough ride and rocks and sh*t fall out from the vibrations adding just more sh*t you can't dodge. i was making a reference to the fact that sh*t happens. better to be prepared.

me too. if there no legitimate reason or function to taking them out then i personally stand by my "They are there for a reason" theory. we all know companies are out to make money and save it too. i mean seriously do they really think honda would have spent the extra money to put those in if there wasn't a good reason for having them.

I have yet to experience a truck tire blow out in person. Knock on wood. I generally try to avoide debris, and usually do .. 95%+ of the time .. I'd like to say 98% of the time .. Also, the amount I'm lowered causes me to drag that thing every time I leave any driveway going backwards .. it use to be connected to my bumper, but once when I was leaving a driveway it tore my bumper off cuz that stupid splash guard was dragging backwards going off the driveway hahahaha. So yeah .. that thing's a pain .. Both my bumper tabs are broken now, held on by washers ..

slowrider87

Reaction score
I have yet to experience a truck tire blow out in person. Knock on wood. I generally try to avoid debris, and usually do .. 95%+ of the time .. I'd like to say 98% of the time .. Also, the amount I'm lowered causes me to drag that thing every time I leave any driveway going backwards .. it use to be connected to my bumper, but once when I was leaving a driveway it tore my bumper off cuz that stupid splash guard was dragging backwards going off the driveway hahahaha. So yeah .. that thing's a pain .. Both my bumper tabs are broken now, held on by washers ..

i hope for your sake you don't experience it. i have bad luck and it's happened a few times. not to mention people out here don't seem to know how to tie sh*t down in their trucks. then they think its ok to leave the tail gate down too.... dam* lawn mower. i got lucky on that. fell off a truck in the lane next to me about 4 car lengths up. an IS300 in that lane ended up losing its front drivers side and rocketing the mower and the IS's fender into my lane, myself and the dude in front me got crazy lucky.

if mine kept ripping off on my own driveway i'd definitely just ditch it though, and pray for better luck.

Last edited:

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
youd be fine without any of that, just so you know. i took all of mine off like 3 years ago. rain isnt going to hurt anything, so dont be so worried about the fact that its going to rain in your area haha.​
^ this. I don't have any of mine either. ****s kept dragging and getting stuck on ****.

i run over things every chance i get. all jokes aside.

most recently, i took out a garbage can that was in the middle of the road...launched it ~30 feet into its owners lawn...then a week later the lid was in the middle of the road, which happened to get snagged and dragged under my car for a mile or so haha. its really a game, ive got 148 points so far.​
:lawl: :lawl: :lawl:
uh, Andy..I'm not talking about things getting *stuck* in the parts.

I'm talking about massive rust from all the water, salt, and other crap spraying on those parts for YEARS because there's nothing there blocking it from happening.

:lawl:

and yes, it most assuredly will happen.

so 1. not talking about rocks getting stuck in things

and 2. talking about rust the entire time here
pfft paint your engine then. no more rust issue :thumbsup:

my legitimate reason for taking them out was that they got ripped off and I wasn't about to pay the ridiculous price everyone charges for new ones.

to the OP its really up to you what you wanna do. save a few bucks and clean your engine bay more or buy new splash guards. choice is yours.

Bax

Reaction score
What is up with the ugly fin-type things hanging on each side?
Thats the only thing that pisses me off about the splash guard, is that (without a lip) you can see some ugly random black plastic piece just hanging there... staring at me....

Back