Odd dash light/brake light issue

Audiobox

Reaction score
So my issue is my Brake light light comes on when i start the car (The light below the ones that tell you your doors are open) as if there is a brake light out. Checked all my lights and nothing is burnt out, all seem to work fine.

Also have an issue where the dash lights (Speedo, tach, and odometer) wont light up when I turn my headlights on.

I checked all associated fuses and can not find any blown.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Put this in the wrong section by mistake... if a mod could throw it over to urgent help that would be awesome, lol!

Last edited:

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
Also have an issue where the dash lights (Speedo, tach, and odometer) wont light up when I turn my headlights on.

Check your small lights fuse. If that's okay your multiplexor might be fried. Have you done any audio work on your car lately?

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check out the driver side fuse #9.

For the brake light.. check to see if the brake light bulb socket has a crack in it. Also, make sure that both parking light and brake light works. It might be that one of them might be out.

Audiobox

Reaction score
Check your small lights fuse. If that's okay your multiplexor might be fried. Have you done any audio work on your car lately?

I think you may be right
When i first got the car the guy took his stereo out, I think he may have touched some bare wires to metal..... and my horn wasnt working so im guessing multiplexor

Thanks!

Last edited:

So-Cal98'

Reaction score
i have roughly the same issue with my light haha. when ever i get on the gas or speed up, my brake light(e-brake) turns on, then turns off. still havent found a problem though :boo:

juv290

Reaction score
i have roughly the same issue with my light haha. when ever i get on the gas or speed up, my brake light(e-brake) turns on, then turns off. still havent found a problem though :boo:

have u tried bleeding your brakes? might be u have some air in the lines

and op check all your fuses first they are cheaper than a multiplexor

Audiobox

Reaction score
have u tried bleeding your brakes? might be u have some air in the lines

and op check all your fuses first they are cheaper than a multiplexor

Ive checked all my fuses like 3 times, lol

Back