Extra Interior Lighting

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I was going to suggest exactly what kn0x47 did. I added an extra trunk light in my Talon like that. Just find any trunk lenses or other that looks right. Tap into the wiring you want, either having it come on when you open the door off the door/dome light or an independent switch. A lot of side marker lamps would look great as well. I would do this if I ever had people in the back seat as nobody can see anything at night, but I only have more than my girl or a friend in the car like 2x a year.

Mikey

Reaction score
Older Lincolns and Acuras had them.

OP, have you considered lighting under your dash or in the footwells?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Look for user 'Alan' on V6P.

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/6g-exterior-interior-mods/191927-rear-reading-lights-added.html

He did the rear pillar light mod and there are links to where to get the parts from as well.

Knox, I don't ever remember seeing that thread, what lights did you use?

3184176550_13072eae24.jpg

3181970162_2774b4e2e9_b.jpg

Last edited:

kn0x47

Reaction score
Mine are out of a beamer. I think the guy on v6p used some from a legend or vigor right?

Mikey

Reaction score
More than likely. A few of the 4GA guys have done the same mod and they used ones from older Vigors and Legends.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
1st gen legend sedans had awesome rear lights, the lens focused 90% the light into a 1' circle on the seat, perfect for reading without distracting the driver.

It would be awesome to wire these up so the LR door activates the LR light, etc...

AccordUser

Reaction score
Pics of it done?

Yup, sorry, I will get some pics up this evening or tomorrow morning. I just recieved all of my LED's in the mail from amazon tuesday. I good thing all the interior lights are the same size except the dome. I bought 16 leds, and a dome light, in total, costed me 23 bucks. It was a good buy, my interior is bright!!!! The pillar mod is very beneficial, I bought mine at NAPA.

My next mod I am going to do is in combination with the front map lights. I plan to wire a interior accent light to it, so when you turn the map light on, a light by your feet (under the glove box) will come on. of course they would come on only when the map lights are on for each respective side. good idea? or too much? I just know how many times i have dropped somethin while driving a night, lol.

Back