Timing Belt Prices

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
I'm sorry if this has already been posted, but I searched and couldnt find the answer I was looking for. For any of you that have had your timing belt and water pump replaced. Original owner of mine had his replaced at 90k I believe, and I just rolled over to 180k, and it getting close. Just wondering how difficult it would be to do yourself with a kit or what it would run with a mechanic. Just wondering

Thanks

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Based on your questions.. You wont be able to do it yourself. I think I paid like 150 or 200.. I had a connect but I don't think it would be too much more.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
There are supposed kits I heard about from someone at NAPA. Ive never seen one, but hes got a 6thGen and he says they exist

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
My trusted mechanic (a former F1 mechanic) convinced me getting a Honda genuine parts for timing belts. He said that there are so many different kinds out there, but nothing can meet / exceed its quality & durability, when it comes to belts.

RobS763

Reaction score
Go with honda or continetal timing belt water pump kit. The shop i work for charges right around 700 with parts and labor. but that includes mark up on kit misc gaskets and seals, the coolant flush you might as well do with it. I believe that most kits if you can get a discount anywhere will run you 100-150. As far as doing it yourself, if you dont feel 100 about it dont do it. I feel fully comfortable to do it, but id rather pay, saves time and if something falis its warrantied. JMO

Back