rear jacking point

slowrider87

Reaction score
I use the handy dandy little lift points honda so kindly built into the design of the frame, theres plenty of places you CAN jack it up. but i'm a firm believer in "it's there for a reason, even if you don't know what the reason is." the tow hook was built there for towing purposes. the lift points are there for lifting purposes. the only time i don't use those lift points is when i want all four wheels off the ground.when thats the case i prefer to put my jack stands at the lift point for balance reasons and my good jack is in the way of getting them in there if i jack it up there, i will not use the stock scissor jack... such a painstaking pos. so i lift the front from the hump on the front crossmember. and the rear from the same place as this guy...
Dude...if you cant figure out where to jack your car up, are you confident you can do your brakes?

This is the only place I use to jack my car up in the rear
IMG_2249-1.jpg

DO NOT put a jack under your gas tank or under your trunk.

but for a break job... i use the lift points.

Last edited:

cl206

Reaction score
i use the rear tow hook all the time. one time i accidentally used the area you circled in the first pic... i wasnt really paying attention, was in mid conversation with a friend. anyways yes it lifted the car, but it also dented the trunk in where the spare tire sits. i opened the trunk afterwards to put my tools away and the spare tire was pushed way up but luckily for me, i removed the tire and stomped on it a few times and it popped back into position. i narrowly avoided major damage.

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks everyone! Without a doubt, I learned more things I didn't know before which isn't very difficult to do :D

method5150

Reaction score
just use the tow hook.. then put jack stands. I have been using that to jack up the rear of my Accord for 10+ years of ownership with no negative results. I mainly do this because I can't get my jack under the car to lift from rear/side lift points... tooo lowwwwww..

Dumba$$ at Sounds of Speed performance in Santa Clara lifted the rear of my car using the gas tank. didn't find out until 9 months down the line when I ran out of gas on 880. :eh:

cl206

Reaction score
just use the tow hook.. then put jack stands. I have been using that to jack up the rear of my Accord for 10+ years of ownership with no negative results. I mainly do this because I can't get my jack under the car to lift from rear/side lift points... tooo lowwwwww..

Dumba$$ at Sounds of Speed performance in Santa Clara lifted the rear of my car using the gas tank. didn't find out until 9 months down the line when I ran out of gas on 880. :eh:

Yessireees!

jack.jpg

BTW my aluminum jack only got to 18.5 inches so I had to use that 21.5 jack. Got all my brakes done, used centric premium rotors with Wagner thermoquiets (ceramics) and even flushed the brakes so AWESOME now!

BTW the hardest part of the brake job were the rotor screws. My makita impact driver wrecked THREE power bits. Those screws were on SOLID!
bits.jpg

I had to drill them out and got down to business.

Last edited:
Back