rear jacking point

cl206

Reaction score
no the brace further back,that connects to your lower control arm rods and such..its right before the gas tank-so it makes it a easy area to mess up/slip.ha
:thinking:

Alright the red x is the gas tank. You mean the green lined black brace?

If not I might just try the tow hook. I never use my trunk anyways and it could use a redecorating :D

OOPS forgot the pic, here:

IMG_3144.jpg

Last edited:

cl206

Reaction score
the rear tow hook :nutkick:

Agreed! I have just found out on the 8th gen accord site that they use the rear tow hook (the MANUAL even says it according to that site). I don't have the service manual so was just checking.

thanks!

Last edited:

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score
Dude...if you cant figure out where to jack your car up, are you confident you can do your brakes?

This is the only place I use to jack my car up in the rear
IMG_2249-1.jpg

And front:
IMG_2250.jpg

You can also use the tow hook.

DO NOT put a jack under your gas tank or under your trunk.

cl206

Reaction score
Dude...if you cant figure out where to jack your car up, are you confident you can do your brakes?

This is the only place I use to jack my car up in the rear
IMG_2249-1.jpg

And front:
IMG_2250.jpg

You can also use the tow hook.

DO NOT put a jack under your gas tank or under your trunk.

Yeah believe it or not, I have done brakes/rotors on a dodge van and a BMW x5. I have also done just the pads on a 04 MDX. This would be only my 4th time doing brakes haha. I just wanted to make sure I place the jack in the right location b/c in my previous jobs, there really was no rear tow hooks. Thanks for your constructive post,
-cl206

BTW for the MDX the front jacking point is a tow hook, as hard as it might be to believe.

crossfire

Reaction score
I jack the rear up by using the front jack points and lifting a side at a time so that the rear is high enough to put a jack stand under the rear jack point.

KnightRyder

Reaction score
i use the rear tow hook all the time. one time i accidentally used the area you circled in the first pic... i wasnt really paying attention, was in mid conversation with a friend. anyways yes it lifted the car, but it also dented the trunk in where the spare tire sits. i opened the trunk afterwards to put my tools away and the spare tire was pushed way up but luckily for me, i removed the tire and stomped on it a few times and it popped back into position. i narrowly avoided major damage.

Back