jerking under slight acceleration?

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Great news ! After cleaning the EGR, plenum, throttle body, IM, and changing all the associated gaskets, along with a new air filter, all the symptoms seemingly disappeared. I also seem to get a lot of power back, and the car doesn't hesitate anymore !! I strongly suggest you try it. Also, we changed out the pcv valve too .. Although that seems unrelated, mine was shot .. Haha.

Last edited:

tzimmer91

Reaction score
ok so while driving mt mph would fluctuate up and down about 5-10 mph each way....and im getting ticked...i got a all new cat and exhaust and got new plugs....whats next? its still throwing the p 0420 code

INK DEMON

Reaction score
Something isn't right... After replacing the cat it shouldn't be throwing a p0420 code. Pull out fuse number 13 on passenger side fuse box, wait about 30 seconds and put it back in. That should clear the CEL. I had a similar problem on my accord.
Cat was completely fried, and all the guts ended up in the muffler. Replaced the cat and entire exhaust (although only the muffler was clogged) and replaced the header. I had a small crack in the header that was probably making my car think it was running lean... All that replaced and CEL is gone

Back