New member, long time accord lover

Hvlr639

Reaction score
Hey guys thought I would introduce me and my 99 sedan. We've been thought a lot and have a lot to come. She's been totaled twice :( and stolen once :sad: I wouldn't get rid of her for the world. Live in Minnesota. Drive in Minnesota. F23a1 vtech baby I love my sohc. 185xxx miles. I also have a question about my check engine light. P1457 evap something. The guys at napa said it could be one of 3 parts and each one was a $60 part. Do you guys know exactly what's wrong? I'll fix it myself but I don't know which one to replace evap valve, canister and whatever else. Anyways any input is appreciated I don't know where these things are so that would help too thanks!

001Stunna

Reaction score
Hey guys thought I would introduce me and my 99 sedan. We've been thought a lot and have a lot to come. She's been totaled twice :( and stolen once :sad: I wouldn't get rid of her for the world. Live in Minnesota. Drive in Minnesota. F23a1 vtech baby I love my sohc. 185xxx miles. I also have a question about my check engine light. P1457 evap something. The guys at napa said it could be one of 3 parts and each one was a $60 part. Do you guys know exactly what's wrong? I'll fix it myself but I don't know which one to replace evap valve, canister and whatever else. Anyways any input is appreciated I don't know where these things are so that would help too thanks!

Replace your shutoff valve and canister (or shut off valve alone if you can get it unbolted off easily if rust is not an issue where you live)
CHID0 has a great DIY on it over at http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38000&highlight=p1457

Back