Dinzdale40 Official Car Buildup Thread

Accord_Sleeper

Reaction score
IMG_1859.jpg

haha yeah we do have the same rims. Honda center caps FTW!
l_0bf40bae1e34b420e9b09d48c9d25f0a.jpg

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
im gonna take an assumption that no one knows wtf this picture means...but trust me...it is the basis for insanity...basically what i did was...mount the intake manifold backwards :-O....now i know what your thinking..."why"...well...

with all these v6 turbo projects i saw...they were nice but i saw one problem...the turbo's charge piping had to go down the driverside to the FMIC….AND then back up the same side…right back by the turbo….so in my mind…the air was being cooled by the FMIC…then heated back up by the turbo…not very efficient in my eyes….sooo I thought…if we could just turn the intake manifold around the charge piping could go down the driver's side…through FMIC….then back up the passenger side into the intake manifold…we would have a lot better efficiency in the turbo setups…it would look sick as hell also(but that’s just gravy)…

now the cons…you gotta junk your power steering pump(which I was doing anyway so I didn't care but I know that is an obstacle for you daily drivers)…and you gotta junk your ABS…or relocate and bend all new lines which would be pretty insane but I would rather just junk it and have a cleaner bay…

and no I didn't just flip the manifold…you also have to switch the lower intake plenums so that everything lines up right….i originally thought I would have to do away with the EGR but when I looked at the heads last night…the rear head had the same port for the EGR that the front one had…so everything mounts perfectly…

all you have to do is change your throttle setup and relocate a couple wires and hoses and you are good to go…or so the theory stands right now…I've really tried to disprove this but it still seems possible…..the only problem I've ran into so far has been that the end of the fuel rails hit the intake on the driverside(opposite the throttle body)…but since im using a j32 on my build I am not gonna worry about it for now…technically I could have a machine shop make a 1" spacer elongating the intake manifold where it is 2 pieces if the j32 manifold doesn't work….

anyways enough ramblings…that’s my idea….let me know what you think...any ideas you might have or if you see some problem that i don't...

nexTOme

Reaction score
problem you dont see is........

you're ghey! :slap:

you have s2k, project accord, nice house, a wife, job, everything you spoiled little brat! :p

nexTOme

Reaction score
i want a s2k, so i can go full out on my accord :hihi:

Back